Jacket movie

maxtheking1995

maxtheking1995

Hi,

I added on emby my movie library and I notice that it does not find everything I would like to know why

It is 111,222,333

But further down he finds all my films it's only at the beginning that he does

Thanks, 

Thanks 

314481449_510818914420687_2083234642239718103_n.png

maxtheking1995

Like that… but if I move the movie in other folder its good 

or if I say at emby go in this specific file he find movie 

663A6C5B-8CE2-4766-8056-D985B15AA09E.jpeg

GrimReaper

Assuming you've added /volume1/disque1/Film as your library path with each movie in it's own subfolder, you have one extra subfolder (/1) under movie folder, and that one is being recognized:

.../L'arme fatale/1/Lethal.Weapon...

Dump those extra subfolders and rescan. 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

maxtheking1995

I think the problem comes from emby direct on the NAS...

I installed another emby in a virtual machine on windows 10 and there is a different problem...

He finds the covers but in double and triple and it's not the same movie in double and triple

emby1.png

Edited by maxtheking1995

GrimReaper

You're not following recommended movie naming convention/folder structure so odd results like those you're seeing are surely to be expected. Instead of making it harder for the parser to determine which movie it is, you should strive to make it easier. 

• Thanks 1

maxtheking1995

Ok but all my tv show are done the same way and everything is correct.

I created a folder movie 2 and I copied the movie folders without changing anything in it and emby detects them very well without problem. So I think it's a bug

Do you know of any software that automatically renames? Because I have at least 10TB of movies

emby2.png

HawkXP71
On 11/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, maxtheking1995 said:

I think the problem comes from emby direct on the NAS...

I installed another emby in a virtual machine on windows 10 and there is a different problem...

He finds the covers but in double and triple and it's not the same movie in double and triple

emby1.png

On 11/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, maxtheking1995 said:

Ok but all my tv show are done the same way and everything is correct.

I created a folder movie 2 and I copied the movie folders without changing anything in it and emby detects them very well without problem. So I think it's a bug

Do you know of any software that automatically renames? Because I have at least 10TB of movies

emby2.png

TV libraries works differently than movies.  As its expected to find multiple shows in a season directory

maxtheking1995

Thanks for your answer 

all the new movies are added are put correctly however I do not rename

Only my old movies he had problem 

A72A841B-B493-4C39-9E74-B9D4880C91DF.png

97E7FD98-2704-4945-8F78-CD73F317A212.png

Happy2Play

Can only guess something with structure but would need a bigger picture of overall layout and library path.

image.png.3340550d551492aaf98eb4120f68afba.png

maxtheking1995

there are a lot of old ones because before having my NAS I had external hard drives all the movies I had in the external hard drives I transferred them to my NAS it looks like it's all those  which I don't find right.

but before i did the migration everything was ok

15 hours ago, maxtheking1995 said:

there are a lot of old ones because before having my NAS I had external hard drives all the movies I had in the external hard drives I transferred them to my NAS it looks like it's all those  which I don't find right.

but before i did the migration everything was ok

Can you try using the Identify feature and see if that helps? Thanks.

• Like 1

HawkXP71

I think you will find, relying on any pattern matching, from any tool, is a tough challenge if you are not willing to follow their rules. Including renaming old files.

Ive been pretty anal retentive about my media naming for almost 2 decades, since I ripped my 2000 CDs.  

For music, its always been Genre/Artist/Album/# - song name.mkv

When I started ripping my DVDs, I always tried to make the name for movies accurate and clean.  Using spaces (not periods for instance) not putting the format in the filename (I can always dump the properties, and my player was always vlc so it didnt matter). I only put movies in directories when I wanted to group them into my own collections.  So I would have a Star Wars folder and underneath it all the star wars movies

For TV shows, it was always

Show Name/Season #/Show Name - SXXEXX - Episode Title.mkv

But when I moved to emby, I change to adapt to their naming.. I had a number of movies (and tv shows) where they were remakes and I had both, which of course would confuse it.

Now, all my movies are 

Movie name (Year) [tmdbid=xxxx]/Movie Name - Extra info.mkv
For TV Shows I use
ShowName (Year) [tmdbid=xxxx]/Season Num (season year)/Show Name - SxxExx - episode title.mkv

I still put many movies and TV shows in collections, which cause no issues for emby.

If you are looking for a simple way to do this, take a look at the tool I wrote for it called MediaManager, you can download it from https://github.com/towel42-com/MediaManager its free and MIT licensed (open source)

Edited by HawkXP71