ffdetect_nvencdec

DogEyedBoy

DogEyedBoy

I've just finished transitioning from Emby Server running on Docker to the native synology app, in my log files I see the following error:

2022-11-13 08:59:14.594 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 nvencdec -print_format json 2022-11-13 08:59:14.600 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Process exited with code 1 - Failed

It doesn't seem like this happened with my Docker container. Is there an explanation for what's occurring here?

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

@DogEyedBoy Looks like detect is searching for Nvidia and failing, will guess ffdetect checking all possibilities.  But can say my Windows systems does the same stable and beta.

2022-11-13 17:07:38.627 Debug NvidiaCodecProvider: Start GetCodecList()
2022-11-13 17:07:38.628 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Execute: Y:\Emby-Server\system\ffdetect.exe -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 nvencdec -print_format json -disable_dx11
2022-11-13 17:07:38.630 Debug NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Started.
2022-11-13 17:07:38.651 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Process exited with code 1 - Failed

Marcserver

I have a similar problem. On my PC I can get the video content to play, but off the PC I can't for most content. This problem came up a few months ago.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Marcserver

Happy2Play

@Marcserver This only matters if you have and a Nvidia GPU.  If you don't this is a harmless error and can be ignored.  But don't believe your issue belongs here as it potentially looks like a DLNA issue with the final error.

Marcserver
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@Marcserver This only matters if you have and a Nvidia GPU.  If you don't this is a harmless error and can be ignored.  But don't believe your issue belongs here as it potentially looks like a DLNA issue with the final error.

I really don't know what this is about. I try to play on TV or cell phone and it doesn't work. I don't have a video card, but that didn't stop the service from working normally.

4 hours ago, Marcserver said:

I really don't know what this is about. I try to play on TV or cell phone and it doesn't work. I don't have a video card, but that didn't stop the service from working normally.

@Marcserver

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Marcserver
5 hours ago, Luke said:

@Marcserver

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

The only place I can reproduce it is on the pc where the server is. The others are in an infinite loading loop, play for 01 or 02 seconds and then no more.

hardware_detection-63804571966.txtffmpeg-remux-adea0673-9ef6-4aa6-991f-6a134c27b42a_1.txtembyserver.txt

photo_2022-11-20_20-26-25.jpg

photo_2022-11-20_20-26-18.jpg

labrea pc.png