Question about "Emby Options -> Refresh"

nuentes

nuentes

When I open the context menu for a node, I see Emby Options, and one of the options is "Refresh". Does this refresh/resync the node, or does it force a metadata refresh in Emby? If it's a metadata refresh, then which kind of refresh? Replace all metadata? Search for missing metadata? And do new images download?

What I really want is a way to refresh the node. For example, two Toy Story movies for some reason are no longer in my Toy Story Collection in Kodi. They are definitely still in the collection in Emby.

This topic is created as a question, but I think in it's essence, it's a feature request. I want to be able to manually resync individual nodes in Kodi.

quickmic
25 minutes ago, nuentes said:

When I open the context menu for a node, I see Emby Options, and one of the options is "Refresh". Does this refresh/resync the node, or does it force a metadata refresh in Emby? If it's a metadata refresh, then which kind of refresh? Replace all metadata? Search for missing metadata? And do new images download?

What I really want is a way to refresh the node. For example, two Toy Story movies for some reason are no longer in my Toy Story Collection in Kodi. They are definitely still in the collection in Emby.

This topic is created as a question, but I think in it's essence, it's a feature request. I want to be able to manually resync individual nodes in Kodi.

This is a relict from 4.X versions, I'll have a look what it exactly triggers.

nuentes

It would be nice if the item in the context menu could be updated to clarify this. Also, is it possible to add another context item to force a full re-sync of the node?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, nuentes said:

It would be nice if the item in the context menu could be updated to clarify this. Also, is it possible to add another context item to force a full re-sync of the node?

Well I haven't tested but based on the code and documentation it is a full reset, it only keeps existing images.

nuentes
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well I haven't tested but based on the code and documentation it is a full reset, it only keeps existing images.

Oh yeah, I get you. I see the code. It would just be nice if the context menu item said "refresh metadata in Emby" or something. Rather than simply "refresh".

• Like 1