Confused about Cinema Intros behavior

questor765

questor765

I've been setting up local trailers for my libraries, and about halfway through I started wondering a few things... Mainly, why I didn't experiment at the beginning rather than after spending a couple hours organizing folders... @Happy2Play

If I play a selection while browsing Library 2, will Cinema Intros pull trailers from Library 1?
Will Emby/Cinema Intros recognize my placeholder folder as a source of trailers or ignore it as it has no associated movie entry?
For that matter, did I just set myself up to have numerous empty entries in the browser once the library scan completes?

My folder architecture is set up more or less thusly:

Library 1/
    Movie 1/
        trailers/
            trailer 1-1
            trailer 1-2
    Movie 2/
        trailers/
            trailer 2-1
            trailer 2-2
    Movie 3 (Empty)/
        trailers/
            trailer 3-1
Library 2/
    Movie 4/
        trailers/
            trailer 4-1

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, questor765 said:

If I play a selection while browsing Library 2, will Cinema Intros pull trailers from Library 1?

Yes as it is not about libraries it is about similar genre/parental rating.

2 hours ago, questor765 said:

my placeholder folder as a source of trailers or ignore it as it has no associated movie entry?

If I understand correctly items that have no movie but trailers are misunderstood.  But I would have to confirm the same applies to subfolder trailers as I uses "name-trailer.ext" and if movie is missing the trailer takes it place.

questor765

Thanks for the quick response

I only had a few trailers with an R rating in my library, so I dropped them in an empty folder/trailers setup and cranked the number of preshow trailers up to 11. As near as I can tell, Cinema Intros doesn't find them. At the very least, I went from at least a few R rated preshows to none

Happy2Play

Think your best bet is to use Stub files so trailers can actually be used as trailers.  But have not tested this theory.

questor765

I think you're right. That would get me where I want to end up. Not sure how the rest of the household will like it.

They don't typically mess around with filters, and that will leave them a bunch of entries that won't actually stream.

Maybe if there was a switch that I could hide entries without primary content, kind of like the toggle for grouping entries into collections.

questor765

It just clicked in my head.

Since you said that it will pull across libraries... I made a "Movie Trailer Library" and dropped the trailers and stub files in there.

Seems so obvious now that I did it.

Still wish I could hide them completely, I expect I'll get some frustrated comments as they still show up in recommendations.

Edited by questor765
  • Thanks 1