Trouble importing my library for the first time

SuperSport
Go to solution Solved by SuperSport,

SuperSport

I am attempting to import my library for the first time, which is a very large archive of photos and videos.

I connected the directories, and reached the screen that says, "You're Done!… click Finish to view the Server Dashboard." But clicking Finish never proceeds to the next screen; all I get is the revolving circle spinning around and around — I guess indicating that the library is still being imported?

It's now been doing this for 18 hours! As I said, it's a large archive, approximately 1,000 videos and 57,000 photos — is it normal to take this long, and if not what steps can I take to abort, retry, etc.?

Thank you.

emby.jpg

Edited by SuperSport
ommission

Hello SuperSport,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

Have you refreshed the page or navigated to localhost:8096?

But no you should not be left with a spinning circle upon completing the wizard.

SuperSport

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have refreshed the page, but after I do and click "Finish" it goes back to the spinning circle.

I don't know what you mean by "navigated to localhost:8096"; I don't see anything like that in the prompts.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have refreshed the page, but after I do and click "Finish" it goes back to the spinning circle.

I don't know what you mean by "navigated to localhost:8096"; I don't see anything like that in the prompts.

What do you get when you go to it does it bring up the wizard again or open Emby?

• Solution
SuperSport
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What do you get when you go to it does it bring up the wizard again or open Emby?

OK, it finally stopped spinning, let me log in, and all is well.    Thank you again.

It should just advance past the wizard with the scan in the background without having to wait for it. We'll go back and retest this. Thanks.