Unable to hard decode H265 video

fele57

Happy2Play

Only two people that can really help here.

15:24:07.209 Error while filtering: Cannot allocate memory
15:24:07.210 Error while decoding stream #0:0: Cannot allocate memory
15:24:07.210 Error marking filters as finished
15:24:07.225 [libmp3lame @ 0x2452f40] 3 frames left in the queue on closing
15:24:07.233 Conversion failed!

But have you tried flip flopping from VAAPI to QSV?  Settings-Transcoding-Set Enable hardware acceleration when available: to advanced.

>>>>>>  Hardware Decoders for hevc
        [X] VAAPI HD Graphics 630 - H.265 (HEVC)
        [X] QuickSync HD Graphics 630 - H.265 (HEVC)

>>>>>>  Hardware Encoders for h264
        [X] VAAPI HD Graphics 630 - H.264 (AVC)
        [X] QuickSync HD Graphics 630 - H.264 (AVC)

In fact, I have tried to use QSV as the preferred decoder, which will play for two seconds and then get stuck. In addition, the problem can be hard solved with VAAPI in 4.6.7, and also in the latest beta version, except that the subtitles will be distorted during playback. I want to use the decoder to play movies on the latest official version.

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Only two people that can really help here.

15:24:07.209 Error while filtering: Cannot allocate memory
15:24:07.210 Error while decoding stream #0:0: Cannot allocate memory
15:24:07.210 Error marking filters as finished
15:24:07.225 [libmp3lame @ 0x2452f40] 3 frames left in the queue on closing
15:24:07.233 Conversion failed!

But have you tried flip flopping from VAAPI to QSV?  Settings-Transcoding-Set Enable hardware acceleration when available: to advanced.

>>>>>>  Hardware Decoders for hevc
        [X] VAAPI HD Graphics 630 - H.265 (HEVC)
        [X] QuickSync HD Graphics 630 - H.265 (HEVC)

>>>>>>  Hardware Encoders for h264
        [X] VAAPI HD Graphics 630 - H.264 (AVC)
        [X] QuickSync HD Graphics 630 - H.264 (AVC)

In fact, I have tried to use QSV as the preferred decoder, which will play for two seconds and then get stuck. In addition, the problem can be hard solved with VAAPI in 4.6.7, and also in the latest beta version, except that the subtitles will be distorted during playback. I want to use the decoder to play movies on the latest official version.

20 hours ago, fele57 said:

In addition, the problem can be hard solved with VAAPI in 4.6.7, and also in the latest beta version

This is a known issue, and you are correct with the above. It's fixed in the beta and it will be fixed in the 4.8.x released.

Unfortunately, the fix cannot be backported to 4.7.x because there were fundamental changes since then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, softworkz said:

This is a known issue, and you are correct with the above. It's fixed in the beta and it will be fixed in the 4.8.x released.

Unfortunately, the fix cannot be backported to 4.7.x because there were fundamental changes since then.

Yes, the 4.8. x beta version has excellent decoding capability. Both QSV and VAAPI can decode videos correctly and easily. But there is a new problem. There seems to be a problem with the location of the subtitle. The subtitle is not in the middle, but in a strange position. Although it does not affect the viewing, it is very strange. Can this be solved? I am looking forward to the official version of 4.8. x.

微信截图_20221111135245.png

微信截图_20221111134409.png

2 minutes ago, Seger said:

May I ask which synology you have, I can't figure out which synology has this graphics unit. Thank you!

I don't know how to describe it. My English is not very good. Should this be called Redhat synology or hacked synology?

8 minutes ago, Seger said:

May I ask which synology you have, I can't figure out which synology has this graphics unit. Thank you!

My CPU is a QL3X packaged by BGA. This CPU is a beta version of I7 7700HQ

15 hours ago, fele57 said:

There seems to be a problem with the location of the subtitle. The subtitle is not in the middle, but in a strange position. Although it does not affect the viewing, it is very strange. Can this be solved?

Yes, that's an open issue, we're looking into it.