Password reset

Mfurman

Hello

im having trouble resetting my password, I can’t locate the cache data on my qnap nas, and that is where the app data is for emby. Is there another way to reset my server password

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, Mfurman said:

Hello

im having trouble resetting my password, I can’t locate the cache data on my qnap nas, and that is where the app data is for emby. Is there another way to reset my server password

All other ways requires getting to almost the same location.

Not a platform user but would assume you have to ssh to the filesystem same as Synology users.

9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

All other ways requires getting to almost the same location.

Not a platform user but would assume you have to ssh to the filesystem same as Synology users.

I tried this sadly it did not work, I tried doing it using Winscp, and did not work, said cgi bin file does not exist. What other options do I have? Can I just remove password completely? 

Happy2Play

That is what there reset process does, you would have to manually exit the users.db,

There is a way faking a restore process of a user I can PM if you are premiere user and user the server configuration backup plugin.

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That is what there reset process does, you would have to manually exit the users.db,

There is a way faking a restore process of a user I can PM if you are premiere user and user the server configuration backup plugin.

I am a premier user, and I believe I am utilizing the plugin

15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Were you able to resolve this?

No I was not sadly, so I am in process of resetting my nas, and reconfiguring emby completely