Samsung installation problem on QLED

nanosamp

nanosamp

Hi,

I try to install many times the last app but it fail every time.

I deleted the old version (expired after one month), reboot the TV,  insert an usb 2.0 usb stick fat32 (I also try an usb 3.0 fat32) and the TV ask me if I want browse the stick instead of start the installation. I try a lot of time but same results.

Anyone can help me?

Thks

D

FrostByte
Just now, nanosamp said:

Hi,

I try to install many times the last app but it fail every time.

I deleted the old version (expired after one month), reboot the TV,  insert an usb 2.0 usb stick fat32 (I also try an usb 3.0 fat32) and the TV ask me if I want browse the stick instead of start the installation. I try a lot of time but same results.

Anyone can help me?

Thks

D

How did you delete the old app?  Did you just remove the shortcut from Home?

You need to go to App, settings and delete the old version.

Anyway, it sounds like its still installed.

nanosamp
14 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

How did you delete the old app?  Did you just remove the shortcut from Home?

You need to go to App, settings and delete the old version.

Anyway, it sounds like its still installed.

No, I delete it in the app menu... Now, If I go in the app menu, there isn't emby app

It's very strange !!!

Edited by nanosamp
  • Like 1

nanosamp
8 hours ago, SamES said:

Have you downloaded the most recent version of the app?

What error do you get?

I download it here : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip

I didn't get an error, but when I insert the usb, the automatic installation didn't start. Tv ask me if I want to browse the usb stick and nothing else.....

It might sound like a stupid suggestion, but did you unpack the zip file correctly?  Make sure there are no other files on the drive, even hidden ones

1. Extract the contents of the tizen.zip file to the root.  (This should create the folder 'userwidget' in the root of the USB stick and the folder should contain the two files needed)

nanosamp
22 minutes ago, SamES said:

It might sound like a stupid suggestion, but did you unpack the zip file correctly?  Make sure there are no other files on the drive, even hidden ones

1. Extract the contents of the tizen.zip file to the root.  (This should create the folder 'userwidget' in the root of the USB stick and the folder should contain the two files needed)

I extracted it with a Windows pc and Winrar and another time with the win's default extractor. Also I try with a Apple Mac but nothing's happen.....

The userwidget folder is present and it contain emby.tmg widget.license and res folder

FrostByte

Also, make sure the userwidget folder is at the root of the usb and not a subfolder

\userwidget\emby.tmg
\userwidget\widget.license

nanosamp
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Also, make sure the userwidget folder is at the root of the usb and not a subfolder

\userwidget\emby.tmg
\userwidget\widget.license

yes, is in the root of the usb drive.

I'd try several usb drive. At first time I think that the problem was the pen drive....but nothing happens......

nanosamp

I'll try another usb pen drive, formatted with Apple MacOs.....the application has installed itself !!! The only thing is that it gave an error (it say install failed!) but it went ahead and I found it in the menu....bah !!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, skooogis said:

My friend cant install app either, I have given him all possible versions..attach a screenshot from Samsungs website.

What model TV?  What error do they get when they try and install?