Emby theater running slow

exus

I've found a workaround, this issue is caused by the "background application max frame rate" global setting in Nvidia control panel. mine was set to 20 FPS and it looks like the emby window is always considered in background.

I excluded this setting from Electron.exe and it's now running smoothly

Edited by exus

• 9 months later...

Ive just bought the Minix J51-C8 Max mini PC using windows 11 pro. My problem is when I install windows store version of Emby theatre it runs smoothly but the UI is old. So I installed emby’s own version from their website as the UI is much newer and better…. But the problem is when I play anything in 4K which is most of my movies the film is like in slow motion. Is this fixable .. any help appreciated. My widows 11 Pro is completely up to date 

Edited by Brecon

3 hours ago, Brecon said:

Ive just bought the Minix J51-C8 Max mini PC using windows 11 pro. My problem is when I install windows store version of Emby theatre it runs smoothly but the UI is old. So I installed emby’s own version from their website as the UI is much newer and better…. But the problem is when I play anything in 4K which is most of my movies the film is like in slow motion. Is this fixable .. any help appreciated. My widows 11 Pro is completely up to date 

Why do you think the ui is old? They are the same .

You can’t resize the folder etc, your own version you can edit the size of each folder, you can’t on the windows version. Thank you for coming back to me. And also if they are the same why is it the window version works fine in relation to playing 4k movies but your version has a problem. Sorry not not picking was wondering why. Thanks again 

10 hours ago, Brecon said:

You can’t resize the folder etc, your own version you can edit the size of each folder, you can’t on the windows version. Thank you for coming back to me. And also if they are the same why is it the window version works fine in relation to playing 4k movies but your version has a problem. Sorry not not picking was wondering why. Thanks again 

What do you mean by can't resize the folder?  Maybe you just need to set the app display mode setting to TV? That should be the only visual difference out of the box.