understanding Padding with Serverwmc

saitoh183

saitoh183

Im having trouble with getting pre/post padding to be set properly because i am unable to figure out which settings is used when recording starts. Is it the one from ServerWMC, MBS or XBMC liveTV settings? In MBS it seems you cant set padding to 0, in Serverwmc, you can tell it to force or use XBMC and in XBMC you can set it in the settings for all shows(didnt find a per-show option).

I setup my recordings via MBS all the time

krustyreturns

Yeah, we do need do make this clearer...  When you use MBS to set a recording, swmc uses the padding values from MBS.  The other padding settings that are possible in swmc are only used when xbmc is the client.  

saitoh183

Yeah, we do need do make this clearer...  When you use MBS to set a recording, swmc uses the padding values from MBS.  The other padding settings that are possible in swmc are only used when xbmc is the client.  

Ok, so that means even if the recordings are visible in XBMC they are still using the padding of MBS?

krustyreturns

Yes.  Recordings started in MBS-client, xbmc or wmc are all visible and the recording has whatever padding the client who started it assigned for it (i.e. the padding is stored with the recording request).

• 1 month later...
saitoh183

Yes.  Recordings started in MBS-client, xbmc or wmc are all visible and the recording has whatever padding the client who started it assigned for it (i.e. the padding is stored with the recording request).

@@krustyreturns

Given your answer above does this affect padding settings in any way since setting up recording in MBS speaks to the ServerWMC

546ca7904d0b0_padding.jpg

Im just trying to figure out why some shows start recording when show is already started and some seem to start at the proper pre-padding. I had a show i set just the current recording to 5min pre-padding and when i checked the show after recording, the recording starts in the middle of the first scene of the show.

krustyreturns

That tab says where the padding default values come.  MBS either gets its defaults from wmc or swmc depending on the setting in this tab, if you set it to xbmc (like you have) it will use wmc's padding defaults.  Sorry this hasn't been explained anywhere until now, I never thought an mbs user would choose xbmc padding defaults.  Btw, thanks for the reminder, I need to change the gui to say kodi...

If a show started late, you should look in wmc, see 'recorded tv'>'view scheduled'>history to find out why that happened.  There should be an error message and a reason why it started late.  If it said it recorded correctly, then the other possibility is that the show started shifted in time and the guide didn't reflect it.

saitoh183

That tab says where the padding default values come.  MBS either gets its defaults from wmc or swmc depending on the setting in this tab, if you set it to xbmc (like you have) it will use wmc's padding defaults.  Sorry this hasn't been explained anywhere until now, I never thought an mbs user would choose xbmc padding defaults.  Btw, thanks for the reminder, I need to change the gui to say kodi...

If a show started late, you should look in wmc, see 'recorded tv'>'view scheduled'>history to find out why that happened.  There should be an error message and a reason why it started late.  If it said it recorded correctly, then the other possibility is that the show started shifted in time and the guide didn't reflect it.

Since i use XBMB3C i never thought of changing the setting back to WMC (used to only use xbmc with swmc before MBS came along) So having set it to use XBMC i assume that would be my problem since in XBMC this is how its set by default. (regardless of what i set from MBS)

546ccb6cb6cfa_livetv.jpg

krustyreturns

I am saying that if you have the default padding source set to xbmc - since this setting doesn't make sense for an MBS client - MBS will take these settings from wmc.  So, as long as the wmc padding is set to what you want, it should have been working.

saitoh183

I am saying that if you have the default padding source set to xbmc - since this setting doesn't make sense for an MBS client - MBS will take these settings from wmc.  So, as long as the wmc padding is set to what you want, it should have been working.

Will give it a try tonight 

Edited by saitoh183