migrate from docker to the new Emby app in synology NAS

nico_paparazzo

nico_paparazzo

Hello everybody, I search after a procedure to follow to simply move my emby server from the docker in my synology to the emby App in the packet center of synology. When I try to install the app I see a error message telling this : Échec d'installation du paquet. Le port configuré pour « Emby Server » est soit utilisé par un autre service, soit réservé à l'utilisation du système. Veuillez désactiver ou modifier le service en conflit, ou contacter le développeur pour modifier la configuration du paquet. 

It seems that the port is already used. I supposed that's because the port is already used by the docker. 

Can you help me ? 

nico_paparazzo

I have an issue when I decided to create again my library, I see that Emby create directly a lot of metadata. But for the specified folder I don't want any metadata. How can I remove it? 

Because create a new library to test all the parameters are quite long. It takes me more than half day to create a library with all the file. 

6 hours ago, nico_paparazzo said:

I have an issue when I decided to create again my library, I see that Emby create directly a lot of metadata. But for the specified folder I don't want any metadata. How can I remove it? 

Because create a new library to test all the parameters are quite long. It takes me more than half day to create a library with all the file. 

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example of what you mean? Thanks.

nico_paparazzo

Sure. So I make some progress, now I don't see the metadata but I lost also all the picture on my folder. Previoulsy the picture displayed are a random image of the content. How can I bring it back ? This is the actual result :

image.thumb.png.9a3605fb84af1371b0904ce3d6418c61.png

nico_paparazzo

Yes, but maybe I have a change some parameters in the scan function. 

This is the backup of my previous configuration that works but I does not arrive to put it in place.

options.xml

Happy2Play

If your existing Emby programdata folder is not moved from setup to setup all is lost as you do not save with media.

If your migration from system to system is not compatible all is lost.  As no path information can change in your migration from system to system or the database and /metadata/library info gets purged and has to be redownloaded.