setting the stream quality to 40mbps in the android app does nothing

eeeeeesy
Go to solution Solved by eeeeeesy,

eeeeeesy
On 11/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, eeeeeesy said:

i talked to JD the etv dev about this just now. i asked if he could add an option to disable the etv ffmpeg. he said this

jasondove — Today at 1:14 PM
The hls direct streaming mode is the only way to get full quality video, but the client needs to support range requests since it's delivered as a single segment.

You could try that in emby, but again, it removes all normalization, which they said was a requirement in the other thread.

he was referring to the 8bit 10bit normalization that hes adding right now about the post from a few days ago i made on here.

and he said this too that i said i would pass on to you guys.

jasondove — Today at 1:16 PM
The normalization shouldn't be required since discontinuity tags are used between each item, but most clients don't handle those tags properly
NEW
[1:17 PM]
EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY: Indicates an encoding discontinuity between the media file that follows it and the one that preceded it.

@Luke  did you read this fully? JD says what you need to do to the client to be compaitble with etv.

pünktchen
8 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

@Luke  did you read this fully? JD says what you need to do to the client to be compaitble with etv.

Lets wait for Lukes answer, but i guess the client player (Exoplayer) isn't the problem but that every live tv stream goes through the server for stream sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Range requests are supported at all levels. The issue at hand I think is about improving our ability to recovery when the characteristics of stream change during playback (EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY).