Feature for randomising particular shows...

PaulE123

PaulE123

Hi all,

Is it possible to add (or maybe it already exists somehow?) a feature that'd allow me to add particular shows to say a 'hidden library', and to have a function thereby to just randomise episodes from shows added to it? Say for example I want something on in the background while I'm working, currently I've to manually go to the TV library, spend time choosing a show, then hit the random play button (which also ends playback when you hit the 'next' button on Android TV). This show then is added to the 'currently watching' list on the homepage, taking up space, and has to be manually cleared. 

It's be great to be able to add particular shows to a special library, that has it's own button for instant playback of a random episode from any show that's been added, and can be set then to not show on 'continue watching' on the homescreen. It'd be very much like having the TV on, without any annoying advertising to boot.

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

It'd be very much like having the TV on, without any annoying advertising to boot.

Use VirtualTV plugin.

• Like 2

PaulE123

Very interesting, many thanks for the suggestion, I'd never heard of it before. I'm at the stage of adding/excluding which shows I want for the plugin to see....is there a way of telling the plugin to "exclude everything except these named shows"? I want to only add maybe three or four shows out of a significant amount...

Edited by PaulE123

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

Very interesting, many thanks for the suggestion, I'd never heard of it before. Would I be right in thinking I need to create a separate library in order to add the select shows I want?

Nope, you just set criteria/rules based on which content from your existing libraries will populate channel(s). 

PaulE123
Just now, GrimReaper said:

Nope, you just set criteria/rules based on which content from your existing libraries will populate channel(s). 

Apologies, I just edited my question as you replied, cheers...

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

is there a way of telling the plugin to "exclude everything except these named shows"? I want to only add maybe three or four shows out of a significant amount...

Yes, tag those three or four shows and use tag-based channel rule. For any further queries, you can post in Plugin thread. 

• Like 1

PaulE123
30 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, tag those three or four shows and use tag-based channel rule. For any further queries, you can post in Plugin thread. 

Super, working now thanks for that. I've another question I've popped directly into the plugin thread, thanks again

• Like 1