Separate content present them as same option texts

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

Hey ,
i ask to Separate content from to content to avoid present them as same option texts
For example, in the last updates, you added sorting to the collections as well, which is a blessing.
But you added in the sorting choices for example: album and artist. Which does not apply to movie collections.
It is definitely suitable for music collections. But not for movies and series.
So please create a separation in text display between movies and series and music.

Happy2Play

True but there is no context of type for Collection as you can have any one of those or all of those mixed.  

CAPRICORNX10X
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

True but there is no context of type for Collection as you can have any one of those or all of those mixed.  

I don't understand how it is related?
Film and series collections should not be sorted by: album or artist.
Just remove it for display when the content is movies and series.
As simple as can be...
Not everything has to become rocket science

Happy2Play

But there is no such thing as a specific content type context for Collections.  Collection is just that a group of item with no context of Movie, Series, or Music.

So what do you do if you have videos and their sound tracks?  It is a Collection.  There really is no good way for this.

CAPRICORNX10X

I absolutely understand what you're saying.
What I am saying is that because there is this problem, we need to create a separation.
As soon as emby recognizes that it is a movie or series and it is added to the collection. 

No album or artist will be shown in the sort.

CAPRICORNX10X
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK yes it's a generic list of sorting options because you could have music in there.

And it is not possible to cause the situation that as soon as it is the content of a movie or series, what is relevant to movies and series will appear in the sort?

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Why when I add a new library which is for example movies then there is no album or artist in the sort

Because you can add music to that Movie library collection.  Collection does not care what is in it or what library it is in.

CAPRICORNX10X
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Because you can add music to that Movie library collection.  Collection does not care what is in it or what library it is in.

Still can't figure it out, sorry. Maybe I'm stupid...🙃
But why not have a certain separation in types of content in the collection as well

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Still can't figure it out, sorry. Maybe I'm stupid...🙃
But why not have a certain separation in types of content in the collection as well

Is that not the same as applying a restriction on what you can put in a collection?  So no movie collection can have music or shows and visa versa?  That is really the only way to force a type upon a collection as they are can't be library relevant as the items in a collection can not be resticted that way as I may have one movie in one library and another in another library.

CAPRICORNX10X
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is that not the same as applying a restriction on what you can put in a collection?  So no movie collection can have music or shows and visa versa?  That is really the only way to force a type upon a collection as they are can't be library relevant as the items in a collection can not be resticted that way as I may have one movie in one library and another in another library.

Well if you say...
In any case, I don't put music and movies in the same collection.

Got it bro thank you

Happy2Play

That is the problem as everyone does something different so a Collection to me cannot be content type relevant unless you take away the ability to mix content types in a Collection.

But only the devs can truly say.

crusher11

I take your point, Happy, but if I were coding this I'd have it check what types of content were in the collection and then populate the list of sort options from there. Dynamically, each time it's loaded.