Sync not showing

ahbi_santini

ahbi_santini

I feel stupid asking this but ...

On the web page (and Samsung, and iPad, and Xbox) I can't see the option to "Sync" 

I have read the Knowledge Base articles (Folder Sync, Sync Jobs, etc.) 

I setup a location in Folder Sync.  I have rebooted a couple of times.

But I don't see any "Sync" option, not where the Sync Jobs KB article tells me it should be.  I see "Convert" with the same icon.  Are they the same?

If they are the same, I don't see where I tell it to put the conversion in the Folder Sync location.

What simple thing am I missing?

Thanks

image.png.5e32a969ac9f82e8014c5bd2761d75b5.png

Edited by ahbi_santini

As Luke mentioned "Sync" was rename "Download to" where you can pick a device you have access to. This allows you for example to use a browser or other client, find something you like and setup a download to job. You could then choose your Android phone as the destination. So while you might be using a PC Browser, the job will download to your Android. Hence "Download to" was thought to be a better name than "Sync".

On the other hand the media that was "Download to" is kept in sync with the server so when you watch movies or episodes on the local device it will sync the status to the server at it's next opportunistic time.

It's not a conventional sync which is normally done from the device you're on but it's not an independent download either. Neither name really tells you what it does but download to does convey it can be another device which is probably more unique than a typical sync job.  Hence the rename.

A name like "Synced Device" could work but has it's own issues. :) The download to name is probably the most clear of the bunch.

I'll take a look at all the KB articles with Sync references and update them.  Some of these may need knew pages vs updates so the URL won't have sync in title. After I get the new pages done I'll evaluate the best way to handle this making sure to coordinate with Luke so the server links can be updated properly as well. I need to be careful to make sure all existing links continue to work.

Carlo