Trakt syncs watched status to Emby but Emby library doesn't show the

ChrisJ60

ChrisJ60

So I got the Trakt plugin working in my NAS hosted Emby server. it is configured identically to how it is setup on my macOS hosted Emby server (where the plugin works fine). I have configured just one of the Emby users (named 'Family') to use Trakt (same as on the macOS Emby setup). I can see from the Emby server log (attached) that the Trakt update job is running every night and it seems to be detecting that there are watched programs and films in Trakt but those items are not getting marked as watched in the Emby server.

I'm a bit perplexed... Maybe something isn't set up properly but I have exactly duplicated the Trakt setup from my macOS hosted server where it works as expected.

Pointers appreciated on how to diagnose this.

embyserver.txt.zip

ChrisJ60

What *exactly* are you asking for please?

For background...

I have two separate Emby Servers, one running on macOS and one running on Synology NAS. Both point at the same media folders and files (hosted on the NAS) - I am in a transitional phase of moving from the macOS hosted server to the Synology hosted server. In the both Emby servers the libraries contain many thousands of media files. Of those, many hundreds have been 'watched' and are marked as such in the macOS Emby server. I want to synchronise the 'watched' state of all those tv episodes and films over to the Synology hosted Emby server.

Both servers are set up with Trakt for the same Emby user (called 'Family') using the same Trakt account. Trakt has been in use and workign fine on the macOS Server for a long time. An initial sync was done on the Synology NAS server. The scheduled Trakt job to pull watched states and apply to the local Emby server is setup and appears to function on both Emby servers. But absolutely nothing has been marked as 'watched' in the Synology NAS. It is almost like it perhaps only takes notice of *newly* watched things i.e. things watched after the initial sync?

Do you want an example of a film or tv episode that is in 'watched' state on the macOS Emby server but not on the Synology macOS Server? If so...

Film: 10 Things I hate about you

TV:    Brinkburn Street, Season 1, Episode 1 

ChrisJ60

The one to Import playstates from Trakt.tv. I did originally run the main ‘Sync’ job after setting up the new server. It implies that the full sync only needs to be run once, so not sure why it gets set up as a daily scheduled job?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, ChrisJ60 said:

The one to Import playstates from Trakt.tv. I did originally run the main ‘Sync’ job after setting up the new server. It implies that the full sync only needs to be run once, so not sure why it gets set up as a daily scheduled job?

Out of the box it has no schedule, so the only way for it to have one would be if you added it. But it doesn't need to be run on a schedule.

Anyway I would try the latest update to the Emby Trakt plugin as it has a number of reliability improvements. Thanks.