Episodes not returning or refreshing after show completion

Nate_

If i navigate to a TV show, watch an episode, when it completes i have two problems.

1. The app seems to hang with the circle animation, it wont revert back to the shows list.

2. Even when i hit the left arrow/return button, it still wont refresh the TV shows list. I have to hit return again to go back to the main menu, then go back into tv shows for it to update and reflect that the episode has been watched.

Are these known issues, is there anything i can do to affect these problems?

• Like 1

Ok, well i posted what happens, its reoccurs every time.

Are you asking for logs then? I guess i dont know what else you want. 

Theres lots of info on that page, but i dont know which part is relevant. 

Please indicate which parts of that page i need to follow, and im happy to.

• Like 1

frankmb
24 minutes ago, Nate_ said:

2. Even when i hit the left arrow/return button, it still wont refresh the TV shows list. I have to hit return again to go back to the main menu, then go back into tv shows for it to update and reflect that the episode has been watched.

Do you mean that the green checkmark that indicates that an episode was watched is not added to the episode you just watched? This happens to me and it is very frustrating. Sometimes this leads me to start the episode I just finished a 2nd time!

Just now, frankmb said:

Do you mean that the green checkmark that indicates that an episode was watched is not added to the episode you just watched? This happens to me and it is very frustrating. Sometimes this leads me to start the episode I just finished a 2nd time!

Yes, i have to hit back one more time and go back into TV Shows and then it updates it. Its frustrating but not that big of a deal. The workaround was easy, however i do hope its addressed.

• Like 1

frankmb
28 minutes ago, Nate_ said:

1. The app seems to hang with the circle animation, it wont revert back to the shows list.

I have seen this happen but not very often. For me I think it never happens for direct play but sometimes when transcoding. I have not figured out a pattern

Just now, frankmb said:

I have seen this happen but not very often. For me I think it never happens for direct play but sometimes when transcoding. I have not figured out a pattern

AS far as i can tell its happening every episode of multiple tv shows, but i havent been watching the server side of things yet as other devices (Kodi on PC) work fine as well as the Emby web app/interface.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nate_ said:

AS far as i can tell its happening every episode of multiple tv shows

15 hours ago, Nate_ said:

The app seems to hang with the circle animation, it wont revert back to the shows list.

So you are saying that it doesn't' go back on its own but you are able to navigate yourself?  Do you have the option to auto queue episodes turned on?

Just now, ebr said:

So you are saying that it doesn't' go back on its own but you are able to navigate yourself?  Do you have the option to auto queue episodes turned on?

Yes, and its not happening every episode of every show. Im trying to notice if its alll of certain shows that are all MKV or any other commonalities.

I do not have auto-queue turned on.

I also saw the post about it hanging at 33% as far as the circle that comes up after the shows over. If i wait a moment, the 33% comes up, and it seems to hang there. However i have not had any other issues like the other person has. I am not using the internet to connect though, all play is local. Dont know if this is coincidental or not on the circle hanging at 33% but i realized that last night so i thought i would share.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...