Volley Errors on Shields / Fire TVS - web interace is fine?

Rikitydj

Rikitydj

embyserver.txt

Log attached.embyserver-63803013237.txt

I have 3 shields and one fire tv - all devices are super slow / fail to load the larger libraries. This is an intermittent problem and went away by itself but in the last few days its come back.

I use Unifi equipment in my house and my LAN is fast. Loading the web interface on a PC is lightning quick. I have noticed the slowdown since i imported a large M3u file into the LIVE TV section, i have since removed this in settings, however the problem still persists...

Many thanks!

Rikitydj

Hi Luke

Done that on one shield and it's sorted now. 

Assume I bin the app store version and just use your one side loaded on all devices? 

On 11/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, Rikitydj said:

Hi Luke

Done that on one shield and it's sorted now. 

Assume I bin the app store version and just use your one side loaded on all devices? 

For now, although we're working on getting it into the store and then you won't have to do that anymore.

1 hour ago, Rikitydj said:

I spoke too soon, its back doing it again. Any ideas? 

Are you using the standard app that you sideloaded? What version?

Rikitydj

Hi Luke sorry for the delay, busy week. 

From the download section I just select 'android' I install the arm version. 

Its still doing it now 

What exactly is 3.2.84 doing? Because 3.2.84 doesn't use Volley, so it's not even possible that you could get the exact same error.

Rikitydj

Hi Luke, sorry that was just the initial error. 

Since side loading the app, the same issue is there just in a different form I guess. Extremely slow library loading times. 

Once a file is playing everything is ticketyboo. Getting there is a slow and laborious task. 

I'm on a gigabit connection. And my WiFi runs at 300mb a sec and the lan is pretty upto speed too. Some shields are hard wired, some are on the WiFi, problem is there on both. 

I will also say its intermittent, I've checked my client list and there is no ip conflicts. Rebooting etc doesn't change anything. Server is running on a synology.

Rikitydj

Also what's worth noting is via a Windows pc, hitting up the library via the Web browser loads everything super quick. Something is causing the delay just on the android system

Rikitydj

Is there anyway of clearing out old Iptv stuff? 

This has been an issue since I loaded in 40k + channels, even though I removed the M3U and guide files, the stuff is still there 

17 hours ago, Rikitydj said:

even though I removed the M3U and guide files, the stuff is still there

Did you run a guide refresh to completion?

Do you perhaps have a plug-in that might be providing the channels?

On 11/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, Rikitydj said:

Is there anyway of clearing out old Iptv stuff? 

This has been an issue since I loaded in 40k + channels, even though I removed the M3U and guide files, the stuff is still there 

The guide refresh will clear out old data. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Rikitydj

OK right! 

The issue has returned. 

I readded a new M3U file into my live TV section and it's locked it all up again. 

My concern is, the initial M3U list channels are still present regardless.. 

Is there a way to reset my live TV section? I have done the update live TV guides etc! 

I'm pleased we have found the problem! 

Rikitydj

Ive just cleared both items in LIVE TV setup, restarted the server. Its all still there

Ive even loaded a blank M3U file to try and clear it, and all the original channels from the first instance are still there.

Rikitydj

#### ISSUE FIXED####

For anyone else with the same issue of existing m3u lists still appearing after removing, i have done the following to fix the problem.

Delete all TV related plugins

Server Restart

Remove all M3U and Guide data

Server Restart

Refresh Guide data

Server Restart

check 'live tv' doesnt appear on home screen

load in new m3u file and guide data url

allow guide refresh to complete fully

Fixed it for me!

5 hours ago, Rikitydj said:

Delete all TV related plugins

5 hours ago, Rikitydj said:

Refresh Guide data

Hi.  Those are the two key steps.  Most times we see people saying that they still see "old" data after removing it and refreshing the guide it is due to a plug-in that is actually providing that data they thought they removed.