Issue with library access

Huile

Hi,

I'm new with Emby so i'm playing around with it, and I found something quite disrupting.

I created a account with access to none of the librairies (every box concerning library access are unchecked).

Nothing appears to the user, except collections.

So, the users can still access to media through "Collections", and play media, that are suposed to be unavailable.

Moreover, the user can play EVERY media through the search engine...

All of this is stopped by authorizing acces to only one library, but "collection" still appears on the homepage, permitting the user to know existence of thoses collections (but collection folder appears to be empty).

As soon as I uncheck every library access, the user can play every media again.

Is this normal, or a known issue ?

Thanks for the help

Best regards,

Huile

Hello Huile,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

and play media, that are suposed to be unavailable.

Hi, why do you think they're able to play the media?

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think they're able to play the media?

Because I tested it with 2 differents files from 2 differents library that are suposed to be unavailable

I've tested it on 2 different Android devices, same thing

Gilgamesh_48
23 minutes ago, Huile said:

Moreover, the user can play EVERY media through the search engine...

All of this is stopped by authorizing acces to only one library, but "collection" still appears on the homepage, permitting the user to know existence of thoses collections (but collection folder appears to be empty).

As soon as I uncheck every library access, the user can play every media again.

Is this normal, or a known issue ?

I did not believe that such basic functionality could be as screwed up as you report. I normally only have one user(me) on my server so I created another one and gave it no access to any library and I can report that the bug reported is really happening.

I also have one little library and if I give the new user access to that it works correctly except it seems that user still has the ability to play media from collections.

I have now removed that user as I absolutely have no need for it and I do not like clutter, even virtual clutter. I simply did not believe there could be this level of bug so I created this user in an attempt to disprove the report. But I cannot disprove it I proved it. The bug is real and it is serious for people that depend on using library access limit some users ability to play some media.

Thinking further I do see how this bug might creep in as creating a user with no library access does not seem to be something that is done often enough to make it worrisome. But it can happen and such a user, with no library access, should never be able to play anything from any library.

This needs to get fixed.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide a specific example? What version of Emby Server are you using?

I could not be more specific I guess. I can do screenshots later if needed.

I'm using Emby Server 4.6.7.0 on a Synology DS920+

And Emby for Android 3.2.82 as client

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Thought we had this mentioned before on older version. 

Yes I can reproduce on 4.6.7.0 but not 4.7.8.0.

@Huile Is there a reason you have not updated to the current version?  Since it is Synology you may/will need to update from download page.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@Huile Is there a reason you have not updated to the current version?  Since it is Synology you may/will need to update from download page.

Hi, in fact I just installed Emby from the DSM 2-3 days ago, I thought updates would come through the DSM.

I'll check from manual update, but obvioulsy, I would prefer the DSM version of Emby to be up-to-date.

Thanks for the fast awnser everyone, that's super kind of you

Have a nice day

Huile

Hi, in fact I just installed Emby from the DSM 2-3 days ago, I thought updates would come through the DSM.

They will, but they won't come as quickly. In fact it's going to be another month at least until we can get updated in DSM because Synology is skipping November app updates.