CoverArt slow to load?

King Pin

King Pin

Trying to figure out if I messed up something or not.  

I installed CoverArt last week and I've noticed a huge drop in browsing performance in my library.  Performance meaning time for movie covers to load up.  

For instance if I open up my BluRay library that has 4000 titles and I go right to movies starting with "S" it will take sometimes up to 10-15 seconds before I start seeing images.  

Even after they start to load any other part of my library is blank and I have to wait for images to load up.  

Is cover art labor intensive or memory intensive?  I have 32gb's available on my NAS. 

In the Database settings I have Database cache size (MB) set to 1024.  I have tried 2048 with no difference.  

I'm starting to wonder if I am having issues because I have Metadata path: to save to an SSD in my NAS instead of the default location.  

Edited by King Pin

Happy2Play

Is this a local or remote connection?  What client?

I have my DB cache size set at 512 and images as fast as I can scroll locally and remotely in a browser.  But is on a desktop i7-10700.

May need to see server logs for this scenerio.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Also note once a cache is built it should not take as long to present images.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Nothing stands out to me but appears to getting images as needed and RTM firing also.

Do you have "Download Image in Advance" enabled per library?

King Pin
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Nothing stands out to me but appears to getting images as needed and RTM firing also.

Do you have "Download Image in Advance" enabled per library?

No it's not enabled.

Happy2Play

Only guessing but in some cases images are downloading then processing.  As per that setting images are only gotten on demand not when you import the item.  With it disable only a url is gotten and store in the database.

• Thanks 1