VOD in Live TV Section

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

EODCrafter

Emby does not fetch Poster Information for Properly named VOD Movies that were uploaded VIA Live TV m3u in the channels section? If so, how?

image.thumb.png.979e36a2348a80216d7d0f1927db89af.png

Hi.  To Emby, they are not movies, but live channels.  The m3u would need to specify an image for the channel.

You might consider this:

• Sad 1

• Solution
EODCrafter
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  To Emby, they are not movies, but live channels.  The m3u would need to specify an image for the channel.

You might consider this:

This one is much easier (For Windows PC) 

M3U_to_STRM.exe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
outlaw69uk

Oh this is something I wanted to know about, so I can convert the series etc into STRM files and add them as a library? Am I right?

kanipek
1 hour ago, outlaw69uk said:

so I can convert the series etc into STRM files and add them as a library?

You are essentially correct. You can add strm files in existing library or create a separate library. Emby will present them the same as locally stored items. It's pretty neat.

• Like 1

outlaw69uk
1 minute ago, kanipek said:

You are essentially correct. You can add strm files in existing library or create a separate library. Emby will present them the same as locally stored items. It's pretty neat.

Wicked, hope these tools work. I did it before, but, took forever! haha. Specially for something like the Babylon 5 Complete box set haha

samsung2100

WHAT! an m3u with VOD you want emby to grab pics cover art and details from an m3u list ? 😁  How would that even work as it's not live yet hosted from an xteve or HF server or dizque type of deal. I duno, if emby can pull that off +1 good luck with that.

I know a guy who will make lists for iptv vod run it through his server but it's not free and you would need to give him your tv link. All it is just a diz or xteve lol I would never pay for that. If emby can pull this off I will crap in my pants 😅

kanipek
21 hours ago, samsung2100 said:

WHAT! an m3u with VOD you want emby to grab pics cover art and details from an m3u list ?

I don't know if you are joking or not

But you can get .strm files from an M3U using this tool or one of the other similar tools that are available. By converting the VOD files to .strm files Emby does treat them just like any other locally stored media files.

samsung2100
On 10/12/2022 at 19:57, kanipek said:

I don't know if you are joking or not

But you can get .strm files from an M3U using this tool or one of the other similar tools that are available. By converting the VOD files to .strm files Emby does treat them just like any other locally stored media files.

With an empty guide it shows the cover movie pic but with an empty guide. An m3u shows the movie posters but it look strange in the guide placed with live channels. Can you show me a pic please ?

kanipek
1 hour ago, samsung2100 said:

With an empty guide

Yeah you are not thinking about this correctly.

You don't need guide data when you convert these VOD M3U files to .strm files. They are treated as if they are local media when you add them to or create a library for them. Emby will then scrape the metadata and create an .NFO file and scrape the artwork as well.

So they aren't added as an M3U tuner to use as a "live" stream but appear just like any other media you have stored locally. Though yes you can take the M3U file and add it as a M3U tuner but then as you have stated have no EPG data for those "channels".

This was just something that I toyed around with to see how it was done. So I don't currently have this setup in Emby therefore I have nothing to show a picture of. Perhaps another user out there can provide some screenshots.

• Like 1

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, outlaw69uk said:

I wish this worked, it just errored when I tried to run it, some config file missing (not at home so can screengrab the exact one

Nothing thats on this thread works for me sadly

Only thing that goes in config file is link to Service that contains VOD.....See Pic...

image.png.3747c1b4952bf25396ad4b7570955ab7.png

image.png.8956b6ddd24269e4ae7fae1b7ee16bfe.png

Edited by EODCrafter
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

outlaw69uk
12 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Only thing that goes in config file is link to Service that contains VOD.....See Pic...

Ah, I will double check, I dont think I got all those options when I downloaded it. There definitely wasnt a CONF file :)

EODCrafter
19 minutes ago, outlaw69uk said:

Ah, I will double check, I dont think I got all those options when I downloaded it. There definitely wasnt a CONF file :)

In Notepadd ++ call it this......

image.png.4fde46aac5b269b768fec8ddc8fa16cf.png

• Agree 1

outlaw69uk
7 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Nice one, will give that a go this eve, thanks for that. i will should it it works, or not :)

outlaw69uk
47 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

One last question, do I need to create those 3 folders or is that automatic? All I get from the download is the exe file :)

outlaw69uk
4 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Never mind last question, thanks so much for that, worked a treat!

• 1 year later...
pmac
On 30/10/2022 at 13:23, EODCrafter said:

This one is much easier (For Windows PC) 

M3U_to_STRM.exe 22 kB · 45 downloads

Hi, I'm trying to get this to work with my provider, but when I run the program I get an error with "Length cannot be less than zero"

My M3u is formatted as follows:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="tt3359350" tvg-name="tt3359350" tvg-type="movies" group-title="Movies 2024" ,Road House (2024)
https://tvnow.best/api/stream/MYUSERNAME/MYPASSWORD/movie/tt3359350

Does this have something to do with the M3U not containing the actual name of the MKV file?

If I follow that link in Chrome it starts downloading the MKV automatically

EODCrafter
16 minutes ago, pmac said:

Hi, I'm trying to get this to work with my provider, but when I run the program I get an error with "Length cannot be less than zero"

My M3u is formatted as follows:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="tt3359350" tvg-name="tt3359350" tvg-type="movies" group-title="Movies 2024" ,Road House (2024)
https://tvnow.best/api/stream/MYUSERNAME/MYPASSWORD/movie/tt3359350

Does this have something to do with the M3U not containing the actual name of the MKV file?

If I follow that link in Chrome it starts downloading the MKV automatically

Yea, the m3us I've used it with contains the .mkv extension. I don't think anyone maintains that app.

pmac
17 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Yea, the m3us I've used it with contains the .mkv extension. I don't think anyone maintains that app.

Okay, thanks. I'll keep looking around for a solution

• 3 weeks later...
Chillout

If you find one, please post it... I could not get m3u to strm program to work so I've been using notepad editor to make individual stream files using the m3u URL in the text. 

The service that uses url\userid\pwd\movie\imbd or url\userid\pwd\tv series\imbd\season\ep formats makes it easy to add albeit quite time consuming.