Channel Icons off on Channels

chris@kovacik.net

chris@kovacik.net

I noticed this today that some of my channel Icons are wrong when using an M3U playlist.  I verified in the M3U playlist that the correct ones are specified.  

Take channel 246 is for TruTV.  I went into the M3U, got the link and put it in my browser and the correct Icon was displayed, but Emby is showing a TBS icon instead. (Image Screenshot 2022-10-30 correct.png)

1506700884_Screenshot2022-10-30wrong.png.a0dc6dc6ffd05d813113f2e33ff6d51a.png

Also, if I remove the M3U playlist and add it back, (its a local file so no file changes) then the logos are then correct for a period of time. (Image Screenshot 2022-10-30 correct.png)

1658314058_Screenshot2022-10-30correct.png.9df5013f07aa96e48970874d8d57f217.png

I dont know when they change and go wrong, I will try to figure that out.

chris@kovacik.net

But that the thing, the image didn't change.   I am using a local M3U file.   When they dont match, nothing has changed.   If I delete the tuner and select the exact same M3U file, then they are correct again.

The only thing that changes in the M3U file is I sometimes add or remove a channel.   I am starting to think that when a channel is added or removed, that triggers something to make it happen.

chris@kovacik.net

I can verify now.   If I modify the M3U to remove a channel, that is when the icons get messed up.    I just went and removed 2 channels from the M3U file (via IPTVBoss), had it create the new M3U file.   As soon as I ran the scheduled task to update the guide data, the icons went all wrong.    Went and deleted the M3U source, readded the exact same file, and now they are all correct.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:29 AM, chris@kovacik.net said:

I can verify now.   If I modify the M3U to remove a channel, that is when the icons get messed up.    I just went and removed 2 channels from the M3U file (via IPTVBoss), had it create the new M3U file.   As soon as I ran the scheduled task to update the guide data, the icons went all wrong.    Went and deleted the M3U source, readded the exact same file, and now they are all correct.

Can you supply the m3u contents before and after making the change? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
enqbcvqw

Can confirm this. I also use iptvboss and can confirm all my channels have the right logos. When the playlist changes, a lot of the icons become incorrect. This is a very annoying problem, since the playlist usually changes every day.

Chillout

I use IPTV Boss and have run into this issue with wrong channel icons or logos as well.  I dont know exactly why it does it but I think it has something to do when you overwrite a channel, the existing image is still in the Emby database line that new channel was added to.  Anyways the work around I found is by disabling channels/grouping (or Tags in Emby) in IPTV Boss and then running a Vacuum database in emby to remove the residual information in the database.  Anytime you want to add a channel you have to remove all the channels below it, vacuume, then add them back in.

Steps:

1. Disable the channels/groups in ITPV Boss and update the M3U file.

2. Refresh guide in Emby

3. Vacuum the database/restart Emby server 

4. Enable the groups in IPTV Boss and update the M3U file, refresh Emby guide.

The good thing is that if you are using any custom icons, Emby should remember them even if the channel order is changed.  Its kind of tedious process so its best not to have to do it too often.  There are times when the icon is stubborn and wont change in which case i will delete the image in Emby and refresh the guide to pull in the correct image.

To prevent from having to constantly battle this program, I have just decided to import all the channels even if they are blank at the time.  As long as the order doesnt change, it will update correctly.  For example:  My emby guide has a tag called NCAAB and it has 30+ channels.  I keep them all enabled eventhough most of them have no shows at the time.  So when the IPTV provider adds games, the guide will get updated without having to rework all the channel logos/icons.

Edited by Chillout

Chillout

This seems to be fixed in the latest beta version (4.8.0.63).  

I added some new channels without vacuuming the database and the channel icons did not get messed up.  

• Thanks 1

If you had used emby guide data this never would had even happened, using m3u data would even had caused emby guide on channels and all sorts of odd things. But if it's now solved in 4.8 then cool.