Roku autoplay next episode has suddenly stopped working

Jdmoody1980

Gilgamesh_48
14 minutes ago, josevh said:

More like five

I hate to say it but Jellyfin also doesn't have this issue 🙁

People keep mentioning Jellyfin like it has no issues or the issues it has are small and of little consequence. But the fact is that Jellyfin has a plethora of issues and instabilities and they even started with Emby's code and the removed they credits of the Emby developers so it appeared that the code was invented by them which it was NOT.

As far as the issue discussed here goes I see nothing wrong with the way Emby handles multiple streaming. I just wish that Emby would break out the nearly useless, for me, Live TV functionality somehow. Live TV is the least important function that Emby provides but it seems to produce 70-80% of the issues people run into.

I do use a live TV app but it is NOT Emby.
Sometimes I think Emby and Plex and even Jellyfin make a tremendous effort for live TV but most of that effort is useless and there are many much better live TV apps for computers that do not overburden the devices involved. 

I just wish that live TV would become nothing but sports and the such. Everything else is better and more convenient as streams and it also is much easier to consume content that way.

My voice is unimportant and so is everyone else's.  So Emby will do what they want. 

josevh
24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

People keep mentioning Jellyfin like it has no issues or the issues it has are small and of little consequence. But the fact is that Jellyfin has a plethora of issues and instabilities and they even started with Emby's code and the removed they credits of the Emby developers so it appeared that the code was invented by them which it was NOT.

As far as the issue discussed here goes I see nothing wrong with the way Emby handles multiple streaming. I just wish that Emby would break out the nearly useless, for me, Live TV functionality somehow. Live TV is the least important function that Emby provides but it seems to produce 70-80% of the issues people run into.

I do use a live TV app but it is NOT Emby.
Sometimes I think Emby and Plex and even Jellyfin make a tremendous effort for live TV but most of that effort is useless and there are many much better live TV apps for computers that do not overburden the devices involved. 

I just wish that live TV would become nothing but sports and the such. Everything else is better and more convenient as streams and it also is much easier to consume content that way.

My voice is unimportant and so is everyone else's.  So Emby will do what they want. 

This is off-topic, you should start a thread about live tv.

• Disagree 1

Gilgamesh_48
34 minutes ago, josevh said:

This is off-topic, you should start a thread about live tv.

Let's see it is off topic for me to mention live TV but it is not off topic for others to promote Jellyfin. Also my mention of live TV was not the first in this thread. There have been several. 

I guess some people just have to complain when they get confronted about their, and other's, stupidity and double standards. 

But my post was in reference to all the jellyfin references throughout this thread. People can use what they want but promoting a bunch of crooks is NOT something I like at all so I will post as I feel and if you do not like it you can ignore me, as I will you.

tampoon

I think the mention of other platforms is just a statement of same server hw same client hw different server and client software all to say it's probably solvable. And I'm sure if people thought the other platforms were better they would just use them and turn away from emby. But I think we all just love emby and hope this gets some attention soon or some kind of update that this is being worked. Just my 2 cents. 

rotational467

Live TV is irrelevant and off-topic.  That other media servers/clients do not have this issue on Roku while Emby does is relevant as far as demonstrating that this is not a Roku defect per se.

Autoplay appears to be behaving again as of 4.1.19.  Have an Ultra still on 12.5.5 with 4.1.19 where autoplay is working fine as I type this with a series I've had trouble with before (HEVC+MKV), and a 4K Stick on 13.0 that was working fine earlier with a different series (AVC+MKV).