Emby not marking some Films as 'watched'

ChrisJ60

ChrisJ60

Emby Server 4.7.8.0 running on macOS Monterey 12.6.1.

For some reason our server has stopped marking Films as ‘watched’. If we watch the film to the end it does not get marked as watched. If we use the Emmy app (Web, TV, iOS - doesn’t matter) to try to explicitly mark it as ‘watched’ nothing happens and it remains showing as not watched. Bizarrely it only affects *some* films, not all. And it doesn’t seem to affect episodes of TV shows either, at least not so far.

The issue seems only to have started happening after we updated the server to 4.7.8.0. Emby is sending the ‘watched’ status to Trakt, so Emby knows that the film was watched (for real or by marking it), but it is not updating its own record of that fact.

Is this a known issue? Any solution? How to debug? This is really inconvenient!

ChrisJ60

I went to capture a specific example this morning and several of the films that I was unable to mark as watched yesterday I can now mark as played. Interestingly, my Emby server gets restarted every night as part of a housekeeping job (the job backs up the emby config, metadata etc. so I don't want any of that changing while the backup runs, hence stopping the server while it occurs). So it seems like an Emby server restart resolves the problem (whatever it is).

Please advise exactly what information you would like me to provide when / if the problem occurs again so that I can capture it.

Thanks, Chris

Edited by ChrisJ60

Please advise exactly what information you would like me to provide when / if the problem occurs again so that I can capture it.

The specific details, what movie, what exactly you did and when, and then the corresponding emby server log from that time. Thanks.