scrambled video on android tv sony bravia during live tv transitions

eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

i have a problem with scrambled video on android tv sony bravia during live tv transitions to the next show or movie on emby for andorid tv on android tv os. this does not happen on my beelink gt king regular android box on android 9 with android tv os on emby for andoid tv.

20221028_011540_20221028_011859331.thumb.jpg.3cbbe14d3fc6bb921f6e760eeef48e58.jpg

ffmpeg-directstream-0d775749-8aaf-47cc-a851-0ffe48931f68_1.txtembyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-d4a33eb4-c883-4afc-b247-f63c892dc9ca_1.txt

embyserver-63802512000.txt hardware_detection-63802491613.txt

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

It's only starts after the first transition and stays scrambled until I close the channel and play it again. Then the scrambling doesn't happen until the next transition.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
1 hour ago, ebr said:

These are actual live channels?  What source?

Is the content changing format?

they are my live channels that i created from ETV (ersatzTV) ETV takes the content from emby via api key and allows me to create my own channels that i load back into embys live tv guide via m3u and xmltv.

10 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

they are my live channels that i created from ETV (ersatzTV) ETV takes the content from emby via api key and allows me to create my own channels that i load back into embys live tv guide via m3u and xmltv.

Can you explain that a little more? Are you saying it's going out and then coming back in?

eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you explain that a little more? Are you saying it's going out and then coming back in?

no its just reading my emby libraries and converting them to a m3u and epg that gets loaded into embys live tv settings

eeeeeesy

however, ETV does use its own ffmpeg, so its possibly using ffmpeg twice as in ffmpeg from ETV and ffmpeg in emby which might be a problem. should i send you my ETV ffmpeg?

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

but as i said, this is only a problem on my sony bravia smart tv with android tv os built in

Edited by eeeeeesy

You said it does this when transitioning from one show to another - you then further explained that this is some form of "psuedo" live TV that you are creating yourself on the fly.

One possible explanation for what you are seeing may be that one program is in one format (codec/resolution) and then the next one is in a different format - which our Live TV processing would probably not be expecting.

eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

You said it does this when transitioning from one show to another - you then further explained that this is some form of "psuedo" live TV that you are creating yourself on the fly.

One possible explanation for what you are seeing may be that one program is in one format (codec/resolution) and then the next one is in a different format - which our Live TV processing would probably not be expecting.

oh yes all the files are in a differnet format x264 and x265 all random formats. i have not reencoded anything. but i dont see why this is not a problem on my beelink gt king but is a problem on my sony bravia tv.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

i should add that my sony bravia tv is a newer andoid tv os. maybe android 11. but my beelink gt king box is regular android on android 9. both using emby for android tv app

Edited by eeeeeesy

1 hour ago, eeeeeesy said:

oh yes all the files are in a differnet format x264 and x265 all random formats. i have not reencoded anything. but i dont see why this is not a problem on my beelink gt king but is a problem on my sony bravia tv.

The could be playing back differently.  The examples you provided are stream copying the video.  I imagine the player is not expecting the video stream to completely change format in the middle so that may very well be the issue.

eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

The could be playing back differently.  The examples you provided are stream copying the video.  I imagine the player is not expecting the video stream to completely change format in the middle so that may very well be the issue.

so what can be done about that? or iis that just info for your team to look at to fix the app in an update?

2 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

so what can be done about that? or iis that just info for your team to look at to fix the app in an update?

I think you have a unique situation that will either require you to normalize the video before it gets to Emby, or force transcoding in some way which may be able to handle the shifting streams better.

@softworkzmay have further ideas.

eeeeeesy

image.thumb.png.a2478b0561156bc21ea6f8b9adbfe3ba.png

some things are already normalized in ETV as seen here.

and as for forcing the transoding, is this the option in the emby for android tv app that i need to disable?image.jpeg.74f21f5f89b50d69514ea92096c3e719.jpeg

eeeeeesy

i think normalize video is now built into ETV by default and is always enabled so thats why its not showing up in the menu.

If it goes through another ffmpeg before arriving at the client, then it's not under our control and you rather need to raise this issue with the 3rd party application which provides that ffmpeg and controls it at runtime (setting parameters and coordinating data flowing through it).

eeeeeesy
2 hours ago, softworkz said:

If it goes through another ffmpeg before arriving at the client, then it's not under our control and you rather need to raise this issue with the 3rd party application which provides that ffmpeg and controls it at runtime (setting parameters and coordinating data flowing through it).

ok i just got finished doing some testing with JD the ETV dev. we think he figured out the issue with normalization. the problem looks like it happens when the content changes from 8bit to 10 bit. he had me create a test channel with only 8bit content and checked the transitioning and theres no scrambling happening with only 8bit content. he said hes going to think more on how he can normalize that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

eeeeeesy

yes im just waiting for JD to update his dev version of ETV so i can test the fix for him. he said he should have something for me sometime this week.

Edited by eeeeeesy
  • Thanks 1

eeeeeesy
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

just an update for you . this is what the ETV dev said. "i might be able to do a manual build that works just for nvidia, otherwise it will be later this weekend or next week. im trying not to break anything with this change, and there are 5k test cases per hardware accel method, so like 25k total. still chipping away."

• Thanks 1