Codec Intro Tags not working

DoubleDD

DoubleDD

Not sure when this stopped working but when I add a tag 'video' to a TV episode it will not play in front of the episode on Emby Theater.

Used to work all the time with no issue.

It is working on Emby for IOS, so I believe all the Server settings are correct.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so is there a fix.

Thanks

HI there, can you please provide a specific example? Did you check your settings in Theater to ensure you 've enabled Cinema Intros? What version of Theater?

DoubleDD

Sure...

Emby Server v4.7.8.0

Emby Theater for Windows 3.0.16

Emby Theater 'Enable Cinema Intros' is Checked.

Like I mentioned, Emby for IOS (v2.2.5) plays the Tag intro no problem,. so I know it's working.

I also thought for sure it was working in the browser version when I tested it yesterday but today it will not work in the browser as well as Emby Theater.

Here's an example:

I modified the metadata for Episode 5 of House of the Dragon.  I added a tag named 'GotGHSTrailer' which references a file named 'GotGHSTrailer.mp4' in my Codec Intros folder.

The Codec Intros folder matches the folder setting in Emby server.

Again, this specific example works in Emby for IOS, but not in Emby Theater or the browser.

I've tried this on multiple browsers on multiple machines and in Emby Theater on 3 different machines and none of them play the tag video before the episode.

Thanks

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Not getting Episode intros to work at all on any client.  Movies work fine. 4.7.8.0/4.8.0.15

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, yes this is currently an open issue when playing anything after the first episode. We're looking into it. Thanks.