Emby Unresponsive

ShadowKindjal
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

ShadowKindjal

Looks like the slowdown was temporary. I'm up to sixteen active streams with no loading issues now. I did not perform a restart. Hopefully that log sheds some light on what happened momentarily but reviewing the log shows response times nearing three seconds.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

Happy2Play

@Lukeis there an issue here?

2023-01-14 02:02:18.728 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-56-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-102) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #62~20.04.
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.Sync.Api.SyncService.Get(GetSyncJobItemFile request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Sync
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2023-01-14 02:02:18.728 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 404 to host26. Time: 1392ms. http://emby_remote_ip/Sync/JobItems/279161/File
2023-01-14 02:02:18.728 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 404 to host26. Time: 388ms. http://emby_remote_ip/Sync/JobItems/279164/File

ShadowKindjal
29 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Is this with the nvme ?

Well, the current drive boot drive is NVME but i haven't installed the second NVME drive that would strictly be for transcoding. I can install that this weekend. I had considered returning it if the increase to the database cache solved the problem.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

Well, the current drive boot drive is NVME but i haven't installed the second NVME drive that would strictly be for transcoding. I can install that this weekend. I had considered returning it if the increase to the database cache solved the problem.

Hmm difficult to say - if your transcode drive is currently NVME, then yes it's another parallel I/O operation, but unless the Boot drive is heavily used by other processes, then I can't see the 2nd drive making that much difference.

I run a 2nd NVME drive as my general 'swap' area (incl emby trancoding) - so tbh, it's not a bad thing to have for an OS anyway (put all your 'temp' and OS 'swap' files on there too). 

Edited by rbjtech

ShadowKindjal

25 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hmm difficult to say - if your transcode drive is currently NVME, then yes it's another parallel I/O operation, but unless the Boot drive is heavily used by other processes, then I can't see the 2nd drive making that much difference.

I run a 2nd NVME drive as my general 'swap' area (incl emby trancoding) - so tbh, it's not a bad thing to have for an OS anyway (put all your 'temp' and OS 'swap' files on there too). 

I'll add the second drive today so that we can rule that out. In regards to other processes I'm running this is my full list of docker containers. Everything on the server runs thru docker.

image.png.0dc1fbb0431ae4c7a905408fb844366c.png

Edited by ShadowKindjal

Happy2Play

@ShadowKindjal Just noticed you are running OMBI.  Don't know if anything has changed here but this is known to cause issues like this. 

Have you tried disabling it for awhile?

ShadowKindjal
19 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@ShadowKindjal Just noticed you are running OMBI.  Don't know if anything has changed here but this is known to cause issues like this. 

Have you tried disabling it for awhile?

I know it was known to bombard emby in the past but I thought this issue had been resolved. I'll take that container down for now and post a log of activity tonight

Happy2Play

It may have been but all you can do is test.  May want to test with Embystats disabled also.

Edited by Happy2Play

ShadowKindjal
27 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It may have been but all you can do is test.  May want to test with Embystats disabled also.

Disabled

On 1/15/2023 at 2:46 PM, ShadowKindjal said:

Log from 7pm last to 7am this morning with Ombi and Emby Stats disabled. Time zone is UTC because I just noticed I never set one in my docker compose file

embyserver-63809379129.zip 11.53 MB · 2 downloads

I do see a crash at the end of this log. I've never seen this one before but it should be something we can easily catch, handle and prevent. Thanks.

ShadowKindjal
20 hours ago, Luke said:

I do see a crash at the end of this log. I've never seen this one before but it should be something we can easily catch, handle and prevent. Thanks.

So there's nothing I need to do in regards to this crash?

14 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

So there's nothing I need to do in regards to this crash?

For that particular one, no.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
ShadowKindjal

It looks like I'm still having users report slowdowns. I checked the logs from last night and I'm still seeing periods of high latency. My database cache size is 4096MB, I've disabled Emby Stat, and I've set Ombi cron jobs to only trigger between 2am and 3am. Is there anything else I am missing?

embyserver-63811151999.zip

3 hours ago, ShadowKindjal said:

It looks like I'm still having users report slowdowns. I checked the logs from last night and I'm still seeing periods of high latency. My database cache size is 4096MB, I've disabled Emby Stat, and I've set Ombi cron jobs to only trigger between 2am and 3am. Is there anything else I am missing?

embyserver-63811151999.zip 23.69 MB · 1 download

Hi, you could try turning off automatic subtitle download features in your libraries and see if that helps.

ShadowKindjal

I'm sorry for beating a dead horse but it looks like my IPTV live streams continue to buffer. I'm no longer having any issues with Emby being slow and unresponsive but my live streams seem to buffer every few seconds but it doesn't buffer when i stream in VLC. Is there anything in the logs that would signify and Emby side issue?

embyserver.txt

15 hours ago, ShadowKindjal said:

I'm sorry for beating a dead horse but it looks like my IPTV live streams continue to buffer. I'm no longer having any issues with Emby being slow and unresponsive but my live streams seem to buffer every few seconds but it doesn't buffer when i stream in VLC. Is there anything in the logs that would signify and Emby side issue?

embyserver.txt 179.56 MB · 1 download

Hi, and the ffmpeg log?

• 1 month later...
ShadowKindjal
On 2/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Luke said:

Hi, and the ffmpeg log?

I was able to determine that there was an issue with my VPN

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
ShadowKindjal
On 2/5/2023 at 3:33 PM, Luke said:

Hi, you could try turning off automatic subtitle download features in your libraries and see if that helps.

I'm turning off automatic subtitle downloading now but I wanted to know if there's anything else that could be causing large spikes in latency. I've attached my logs for reference.

I was able to play a show just fine on my Windows PC via the web app and the same with the Android app on a remote connection. The person beside me on the same remote connection was having issues with their iPhone in the web app (refused to play). When I checked the logs they showed large spikes in latency.

embyserver (8).txt

visproduction

Possible related: Linux file transfer slow down issue bug.  Large files copy problems.  Can this possibly affect transcoding? Doesn't the stored version get an encoded copy on another drive?  Is this Linux bug the cause of the slow down for large files?

I just skimmed all the above forum entries.  It seemed to me that perhaps you are looking at a built problem with Linux taking a cached version and encoding it to be available for playback on another drive.  This process causes a Linux file copy type of step that causes the slow down?  Discussed with some tips... - Hope that helps.

General linux issue?  
 https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342056

Ubuntu issue
 https://askubuntu.com/questions/569754/ubuntu-14-04-works-slow-while-copying-files

On 4/4/2023 at 9:46 AM, ShadowKindjal said:

I'm turning off automatic subtitle downloading now but I wanted to know if there's anything else that could be causing large spikes in latency. I've attached my logs for reference.

I was able to play a show just fine on my Windows PC via the web app and the same with the Android app on a remote connection. The person beside me on the same remote connection was having issues with their iPhone in the web app (refused to play). When I checked the logs they showed large spikes in latency.

embyserver (8).txt 52.54 MB · 2 downloads

I would try removing these plugins:

2023-04-04 04:00:20.122 Info App: Loading Emby.Plugins.AniList, Version=1.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Plugins.AniList.dll
2023-04-04 04:00:20.122 Info App: Loading EpMetaRefresh, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/EpMetaRefresh.dll
2023-04-04 04:00:20.122 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime, Version=1.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.dll

Then restart the server and see how things compare. Thanks.

• Like 1