Reset (or clear) watched status

MagicPinball
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

MagicPinball

I would like to reset the watched flag for all movies and tv shows.  Looking at the paths on the summary page, it states: Metadata: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata

I shutdown Emby Server and using Windows PUTTY, I found “library.db” in: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data

I tried to delete “rm library.db” and got the message: cannot remove “library.db”: Permission denied.  I tried to change the attributes “chmod 777 library.db” and got the message: changing permissions of “library.db”: Operation not permitted.

How can I reset the watched flag for all movies and tv shows?

• Solution
Happy2Play

Multi-Select each library and click the three dot menu in top head and mark unplayed.

image.thumb.png.856e861e44ea943199a743739036bc0e.png

Happy2Play

Note Userdata is per user ie the usersdata table in the library.db.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, MagicPinball said:

For future reference, where can I find the watched, or play count, database in Synology Emby?

Same place you listed above in the userdatas table.

MagicPinball

I should have asked, what is needed to do a backup copy?  Or are you stating just the library.db file for backup?  I don't care about posters, logos, people and other media info.  Just the watched flag and configuration of Emby.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, MagicPinball said:

I should have asked, what is needed to do a backup copy?  Or are you stating just the library.db file for backup?  I don't care about posters, logos, people and other media info.  Just the watched flag and configuration of Emby.

If you have Emby Premiere, then the Server Configuration Backup plugin does exactly that Users/userdata and configs.

From a manual aspect you would need the majority of Emby programdata path.

Emby Backup :