What determines access permissions when I add a new folder?

crusher11

HI, for any given user, if you've checked the box to grant them access to all libraries, then they'll have access to the new library. If not, then you'll have to grant it to them manually.

Happy2Play

This is 100% unrelated to Emby and controlled by your filesystem.  So this would be a platform specific or others topic.

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This is 100% unrelated to Emby and controlled by your filesystem.  So this would be a platform specific or others topic.

I'm pretty sure he means users in Emby and libraries in Emby,  and therefore Emby user library permissions.

Happy2Play

So Emby user has assigned permission to control the filesystem?  But still comes back to filesystem permissions, correct?

seanbuff

In my experience, adding a new folder to an existing library, automatically grants access to any user who previously had access to the top-level Library

image.png.03e738c0fe49ab3f624b5e7c86cc4371.png

Anyone who didn't originally have access to any of that Library's folders will not get access to the new folder. Are you seeing something different @crusher11?

crusher11
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

So Emby user has assigned permission to control the filesystem?  But still comes back to filesystem permissions, correct?

WTF are you talking about?

crusher11
58 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

In my experience, adding a new folder to an existing library, automatically grants access to any user who previously had access to the top-level Library

image.png.03e738c0fe49ab3f624b5e7c86cc4371.png

Anyone who didn't originally have access to any of that Library's folders will not get access to the new folder. Are you seeing something different @crusher11?

Not sure. When I changed the recording path everyone lost access, but that could've been a deletion/recreation of the library as far as the system was concerned, rather than a folder change.

Edited by crusher11

19 hours ago, seanbuff said:

That makes perfect sense...

crusher11

Perhaps, but I'm adding a new drive, so I'm duplicating all my folders, and I have to go through each user and manually remove permission for stubs, 4K, VC-1, etc etc.

On the other hand, I'd otherwise have to manually add permission for the actual movies, so both are a pain in the ass.