Selection of Audio Tracks

gallo

Greetings!

It seems while using the media playback settings as shown in the screenshot below. Selecting different audio tracks isn't working.

In many occations the default audio track isn't being selected, and it doesn't change when you select it either manually. Movies with commentary audio tracks are the main annoyances since it's always those tracks that are being selected as default.

Though this is working as intented with audio transcoding enabled, but I don't want to transcode anything locally.

This kinda looks like the similar problem with subtitles selection that was fixed in the Samsung Emby client 1.4.6. (Thanks!)

Speculation: I think that if there are more than one audio track then it's always the second or > that is being selected, and overrides the default one.

Samsung model number: QE65Q80B 

Samsung firmware version: 1304

Samsung Emby client version: 1.4.6

Emby server version: 4.7.8.0 Ubuntu X64

With kind regards

gallo

mediaplaybacksettings.png

That is correct.  There is an issue Samsung have introduced in the firmware for that year/model.  They have confirmed it, but I can't confirm if, or when they might resolve it.  As a work-around, we switch tracks on the server instead of the client, that is why you must leave 'Allow audio transcoding' enabled