GameBrowser Controller Recomendation

saajan4u

saajan4u

Hi All

I'm mostly in to 80s oldsckool beatem up games.. aand not really fussed about playing modern games on my HTPC.. (p[refer console for it)

I'm just in the process of seeting up game browser on my server, can anyone recommend me some decent but Cheap (LOL) easy to setup Bluetooth games controller.

Thanks

Saj

techywarrior

While not cheap I can't recommend the Xbox360 and/or Xbox One controllers enough. If you don't need wireless you can probably get a Xbox360 USB controller cheap.

saajan4u

don't they need a lot of farting around like mapping the buttons etc?

I'd like it to be wireless as my PC he is hidden

techywarrior

You can get a wireless one but they tend to cost a lot more because you need the special receiver :(

It depends on the emulator you are using as far as "farting around to get it to work". If the emulator supports controllers then there is nothing to do. If the emulator doesn't then you would need a program to map the buttons to keyboard keys and/or mouse movements. I use Xpadder (not free tho)

The best is a ps3 dual shock for retro gaming...

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Controller-Dualshock-Playstation-3/dp/B00GYQAS7O/ref=sr_1_37?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1412887099&sr=1-37&keywords=six+axis

This is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You need a USB to mini-usb cable to charge it (and to pair it over USB to your pc initially). Cameras usually have these already. Maybe you already have similar. GPS units also use mini-usb. This is the same controller I've bought almost a dozen of from different suppliers on amazon over the last 2 years for myself, friends and family. You can tell this style from other shoddy knock-offs. Specifically look at the buttons how the pattern on them looks. It is a very unique look. Those buttons signify the controller is an "HK wireless" one of the better ps3 fakes. The suppliers for these change like the wind. The shoddier fakes are trying to use the name "hk wireless" without the unique buttons. These are not true "hk wireless", but knock-offs of it. I suggest you not wait til this supplier sells out to grab some.

On PC to configure:

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net

On android to configure:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

You can pair four of them at once with either of these configuration apps.

a7yby2u4.jpg

The 2 above are mine. Notice it is.. Front and back, identical exactly the same as the URL on amazon I gave.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Spaceboy

I use the wireless Xbox controller, possibly more expensive but just works with everything, even Dolphin

I use the wireless Xbox controller, possibly more expensive but just works with everything, even Dolphin

I've just taken the punt with one of these, should be here this weekend!

Did manage to get the XBOX One controller working via USB (Windows 7) but would prefer wireless :-)

Edited by manny

I've just taken the punt with one of these, should be here this weekend!

So far so good :-)

AMIGA, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gameboy Advance, N64, Megadrive/Genesis and Playstation 1 all configured and working with the controller :-)