http://.../Items call does not return SeriesName

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

Here is my call (scrubed a bit)

http://XXXXX:8096/Items?api_key=YYYYY&IncludeItemTypes=Episodes&SortBy=Type,SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&Recursive=True&IsMissing=True&Fields=ProviderIds,ExternalUrls,Missing,SeriesName,SeasonName

The end goal is to get a list of episodes that are missing (ie have been released, emby knows they exist, but they are not in the library yet)

However, Im getting just about every item (non episodes even though I explicitly list only Episodes) and Im not getting  SeriesName or SeasonName even though I explicitly list the fields

I get the Provider IDs and External Urls but not the other requested fields.

Any ideas?

Strange. There's no field you have to request. Maybe the data is just missing for those missing episodes for some reason.

HawkXP71
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Strange. There's no field you have to request. Maybe the data is just missing for those missing episodes for some reason.

How can I test this out further?

I don't think you need to. I'm pretty sure that is the reason. Missing episodes is the #1 feature I wish we had never added so I can't lie and say they don't occasionally get neglected.

• Haha 1

Happy2Play

Yep was just comparing to Reports plugin.

http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8096/emby/Reports/Items?StartIndex=0&Limit=100&IncludeItemTypes=Episode&HasQueryLimit=true&GroupBy=None&ReportView=ReportData&DisplayType=Screen&UserId={userid}&SortOrder=Ascending&ReportColumns=Status|Name|EpisodeSeries|Season|EpisodeNumber|DateAdded|ReleaseDate|Year|Genres|ParentalRating|CommunityRating|Runtime|Video|Width|Height|Audio|Subtitles|Trailers|Specials|Path&IsMissing=true

HawkXP71

That explains the "non episode" data, it was getting item recursively....

Not sure why I was getting episodes that existed without season/series information.. But that fixed the results

HawkXP71

Ive hit typos like this before.  IMO, when the request takes in a string like this, and the string is invalid, it shoudl return a request error with a proper message

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, HawkXP71 said:

Not sure why I was getting episodes that existed without season/series information. But that fixed the results

Might need an example but sounds like unidentified media.

Also may need to add max premiere date to leave out Unaired/Future episodes.

HawkXP71
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Might need an example but sounds like unidentified media.

Also may need to add max premiere date to leave out Unaired/Future episodes.

Thanks, basically Im looking for a way to get notified when a new episode comes out. So I dont really care about "older" or "unknown". The start date will be a user field.

Its just strange that a identified (I can see it with all its meta info) episode shows up when I miss call the API

On 10/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, HawkXP71 said:

Ive hit typos like this before.  IMO, when the request takes in a string like this, and the string is invalid, it shoudl return a request error with a proper message

I agree, but unfortunately, Emby Server has a tendency to hide and swallow errors all over the places and will rather return something non-sensical than returning an error - in most cases.
It is never safe to assume that a request is correct only because the server doesn't return an error.