RTM issues

crusher11

crusher11

I have a box running TrueNAS, I've mounted those folders on my Synology that has my Emby install. RTM seems very hit or miss. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes, sometimes I've had to give up and manually run a scan. Any ideas where I should be looking in terms of resolving this?

Happy2Play

Not sure as the log is full of errors from Iconic and Custom Providers.  So I would remove thoughts plugins and see it makes a difference.

Happy2Play
24 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

What custom providers? 

People plugin "Custom Provider 1.0.0.3752"

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Ah, forgot I even installed that.

@roaku will have to comment on the Iconic issues.

Pretty sure it is a known issue as he has been working in it as there are other topics on server changes causing issues.

3 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Ah, forgot I even installed that.

@roaku will have to comment on the Iconic issues.

The most recent beta or the one before it removed an Emby method Iconic depends on, which is causing the errors.

I don't officially support the betas because they're too unpredictable.

I'd remove Iconic for now through the Emby UI. This will leave your configuration file in place.

This isn't likely to be the cause of your monitoring errors, though.

Edited by roaku

crusher11

It's also slow as hell to add things even when I do scan. Can take a couple of minutes between the item appearing and any metadata populating, even if I've just moved a file so the NFO, art, and BIF are already in the folder. If a BIF doesn't exist...takes forever.

embyserver-63802215553.txt

11 hours ago, crusher11 said:

It's also slow as hell to add things even when I do scan. Can take a couple of minutes between the item appearing and any metadata populating, even if I've just moved a file so the NFO, art, and BIF are already in the folder. If a BIF doesn't exist...takes forever.

embyserver-63802215553.txt 52.93 kB · 2 downloads

I would try removing third party plugins and then see how things compare.

crusher11

All of them? That would be absurd.

Right now, RTM is broken on one storage device and working fine on another. Can't see how that's a plugin issue.

27 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

All of them? That would be absurd.

Right now, RTM is broken on one storage device and working fine on another. Can't see how that's a plugin issue.

Yes please and thanks.

crusher11

Tell you what, I'll just uninstall Emby completely, which will be about the same level of inconvenience and will also not solve the problem.

crusher11

It's entirely too much hassle to uninstall all my third-party plugins, then reinstall them later and have to completely reconfigure them again. Especially given that the issue only affects one of my drives.

I was happy to remove Custom Providers and Iconic because they were causing specific issues (although @roaku managed to patch Iconic about half an hour before I was ready to reboot for an uninstall), but unless you can point to something specific it's just going to be a colossal waste of time.

I had this issue previously, with the Synology itself, and it was something iNotify-related and resolved quickly without resorting to uninstalling anything. Not sure if that could be what's causing this or not. @FrostByte?

FrostByte
Just now, crusher11 said:

It's entirely too much hassle to uninstall all my third-party plugins, then reinstall them later and have to completely reconfigure them again. Especially given that the issue only affects one of my drives.

I was happy to remove Custom Providers and Iconic because they were causing specific issues (although @roaku managed to patch Iconic about half an hour before I was ready to reboot for an uninstall), but unless you can point to something specific it's just going to be a colossal waste of time.

I had this issue previously, with the Synology itself, and it was something iNotify-related and resolved quickly without resorting to uninstalling anything. Not sure if that could be what's causing this or not. @FrostByte?

I'm not seeing any inotify errors in the log above.  Did you add any media during that log?

Happy2Play

In the end every added plugin and configuration can/will influence the performance of your server. But there is no way for use to know if the third party plugin is the issue or not as Emby is only tested with default plugins.  

So as a BETA tester you will have to test removing plugins to possibly figure out if one of them are causing issues on your system as we can only look in the log and see if anything stands out. 

But specific examples are needed.  Just like in previous log what were we looking for?

May need Debug logging also.

crusher11
10 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I'm not seeing any inotify errors in the log above.  Did you add any media during that log?

I'm capable of some dumb things, but trying to test RTM by not adding media is not among them. IIRC there's a library scan at the end which should pick up one movie and a handful of extras.

crusher11
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

But specific examples are needed.  Just like in previous log what were we looking for?

I rotated the log, added some extras, added a movie, waited a while, ran a scan, then posted the log.

Happy2Play

Still would need specific information.  When were they added as I see the scan was run at 13:31:48.23.

crusher11
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Still would need specific information.  When were they added as I see the scan was run at 13:31:48.23.

Before that. I didn't take note of the exact time, but the extras were probably added within a minute of the log starting.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

Before that. I didn't take note of the exact time, but the extras were probably added within a minute of the log starting.

Log started and 13:23:34.798 with normal system info then nothing til 13:30:19.700 and a minute later you scanned.

So we will probably need debug logging with a specific example (names and times).

• Thanks 1