Updating an Emby Docker installation on Synology

BenVenn

BenVenn

First and foremost, my apologies if this has already been posted, I had a brief scan but didn't see anything.

Is there a documented process somewhere on updating a docker installation of Emby to the latest feature version? I'd like to upgrade but also wish to know the risks when it comes to settings, statistics and more. I'm hoping the process will be an in-place upgrade and allow me to retain all my libraries without having to re-scan (they're huge and that would take ages).

Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...
BenVenn
On 20/10/2022 at 18:39, Luke said:

OK to update would be via a docker pull just like updating any other Docker app. I would check out our blog for release notes, but since you're on 4.7.5 everything after that has been largely maintenance:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blogs/

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry for such a late reply to this. I've looked around but I can't see a way to do this that easily. I've also tried following the steps in this guide but haven't been able to get it to work, either.

Now, I don't know if because I selected a specific image from the registry (4.7.5.0) when creating my container, if that is contributing to the problem or not. Regardless, if you have any ideas that would be very much appreciated.

BenVenn

Apologies - a further micro update. I was able to just download a new image and run it, I mapped the same volumes and ports as the original and was pleasantly surprised to find my config was entirely retained. That being said, I got a 'no compatible streams' error, which is confusing. Where can I find the appropriate log to help me diagnose this?

27 minutes ago, BenVenn said:

Apologies - a further micro update. I was able to just download a new image and run it, I mapped the same volumes and ports as the original and was pleasantly surprised to find my config was entirely retained. That being said, I got a 'no compatible streams' error, which is confusing. Where can I find the appropriate log to help me diagnose this?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!