Top Picks support thread

chef

chef
2 hours ago, Super957 said:

Yessssss Painkiller8818 i tested now and is OK thank

Just a request...its possible change name of library or what appears in the emby home 

Pheraps i wrong but is not possible insert single movies included in "Top Picks" in the order of home page, but appears only on botton of home screen

and last...when change movies in Top Picks i need to update in manual mode library, there is possibility that this happened in automatic mode ?

Thank

Hispa

Senza titolo.png

I think it's best to leave the library name alone.

I think I wrote some logic around the library name.

It might break something... I'm pretty sure. 

Junglejim

13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Thanks Grim !

I'm gonna use these - the Emby generated posters are looking a bit tired now imo .. (or maybe I just fancy a change .. haha)

Yea I like them. The great thing is the templates, (gimp/photoshop) just install the font provided and create your own. 👍

TOPPICKS.thumb.jpg.3f5524ddeab4eacac86ec9872bf70fbe.jpg

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

Super957
On 3/8/2023 at 7:22 AM, Darkseidd said:

some interesting thing i found

• if library out of order, rescan library nor reupdate top-picks will not fix  the order.
  • to get correct order for all in top-picks library again:
  1. Need to manually delete top-picks data on data folder
  2. Perform library scan to empty top-picks library content. Need to ensure the library is empty before proceed.
  3. Re-Update Top-picks . this will get library order sorted out (for my case).

image.thumb.png.ecab8eeceafaadee9ba604696090e6bf.png

I follow your suggestions...but after 50 min no Top Pick reappear on home... i think that this plugin need more optimization for update movie...

I try also to delete libraries of Top Picks and rescan but not solve

Hispa

Edited by Super957

Darkseidd
1 hour ago, Super957 said:

I follow your suggestions...but after 50 min no Top Pick reappear on home... i think that this plugin need more optimization for update movie...

I try also to delete libraries of Top Picks and rescan but not solve

Hispa

try clear  both  scheduled task for top picks plugin, then do manual process again

Edited by Darkseidd
  • Agree 1

woenk

Seem like the latest beta broke something : 

System.TypeInitializationException: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SkiaSharp.SKObject' threw an exception.
---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'libSkiaSharp' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibSkiaSharp: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at SkiaSharp.SkiaApi.sk_version_get_milestone()
at SkiaSharp.SkiaSharpVersion.get_Native()
at SkiaSharp.SkiaSharpVersion.CheckNativeLibraryCompatible(Boolean throwIfIncompatible)
at SkiaSharp.SKObject..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
happens when I start the toppicks task, takes the whole server down.
  • Thanks 1

chef
4 hours ago, woenk said:

Seem like the latest beta broke something : 

System.TypeInitializationException: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SkiaSharp.SKObject' threw an exception.
---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'libSkiaSharp' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibSkiaSharp: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at SkiaSharp.SkiaApi.sk_version_get_milestone()
at SkiaSharp.SkiaSharpVersion.get_Native()
at SkiaSharp.SkiaSharpVersion.CheckNativeLibraryCompatible(Boolean throwIfIncompatible)
at SkiaSharp.SKObject..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
happens when I start the toppicks task, takes the whole server down.

Okay. I'll have to check with the devs about it.

TheGru
1 hour ago, chef said:

Experiencing the same. If update top picks runs crashes entire Docker container on 1.0.0.55

• Thanks 1

chef

It is possible that the core devs have removed SkiaSharp from the beta Emby binaries.

I'm waiting to hear back from them.

If that's the case, I'll have to rewrite the drawing code. Not sure what that will entail.

Sorry beta users! 

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, chef said:

Happens for other plugins (CoverArt & Iconic) also. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

chef
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Happens for other plugins (CoverArt & Iconic) also. 

Then I suspect that that is what happened.

Oh boy, no Skia is a problem.

I'll have to find out what they changed it to, or side load Skia in the plugin.

🤔

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, chef said:

Oh boy, no Skia is a problem.

Nope, as I understood it, there are three image processing libraries included (Skia being one of them) - but can't find that exact post or Luke edited one of his previous posts:

• Like 1

chef
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, as I understood it, there are three image processing libraries included (Skia being one of them) - but can't find that exact post or Luke edited one of his previous posts:

Perhaps they updated the Skia libraries and it broke Emby?

Let's see if they push another beta with fixes.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, TheGru said:

4.8.0.26 is the culprit for sure. CoverArt is broken too. I lost my overlays. 

Not sure what do you mean by that, it has already been established, reported and links to appropriate threads posted above? 

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, chef said:

Perhaps they updated the Skia libraries and it broke Emby?

If you read Iconic discussion, I reckon calling ImageEncoder property returns libvips as its a singular string value, plural needs to be implemented for string to include Skia. 

chef
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

If you read Iconic discussion, I reckon calling ImageEncoder property returns libvips as its a singular string value, plural needs to be implemented for string to include Skia. 

Cool. I'll take a look right after work.

Thanks grim!!

• Like 1

roaku
21 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Unfortunately, in further testing, I'm seeing the same error and crash as @chef once I push past the Emby image cache and the image library is actually triggered.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

chef
12 minutes ago, roaku said:

Unfortunately, in further testing, I'm seeing the same error and crash as @chef once I push past the Emby image cache and the image library is actually triggered.

I spoke to Luke yesterday about it.

Have you spoken to him yet?

I'm not sure if I am to wait for another beta server push with a core fix, or if in supposed to go down the rabbit hole of figuring a fix myself. 

it is the cache?

Edited by chef

roaku
9 minutes ago, chef said:

I spoke to Luke yesterday about it.

Have you spoken to him yet?

I'm not sure if I am to wait for another beta server push with a core fix, or if in supposed to go down the rabbit hole of figuring a fix myself. 

it is the cache?

No, the cache was (correctly) serving me images generated by plugins in earlier versions of Emby. This made it look like the plugins were working, but only because they hadn't had to generate any new images yet.

My only communications with Luke on this are what's in the Iconic thread. I'm in the same position as you at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, woenk said:

.27 did not seem to fix it.

Any other way to make it work again ?

• Like 2

woenk
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks Luke :D Was not aware that you are reading ALL comments anywhere at all times :D (which is a bit frightening :D )

• Thanks 1

chef

Looks like we have a fix. 

Which is Great!! 

I'm at work today, so I won't be able to implement it until this evening.

But I am on it!

roaku
5 minutes ago, chef said:

does anyone on the beta server want to try this and see if top picks has become usable again?

Emby.TopPicks_beta_fix.zip 9.78 MB · 0 downloads

Do you happen to know if they fixed the underlying error of Skia not loading for non-Windows builds?

Luke had said it wouldn't be fixed for .27 and I didn't see anything in the notes for .28 either:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/4.8.0.28