Movie poster strangeness

MrAudio

I have a number of movies that are made up of multiple parts (I'm slowly combining them into single files, but for now, a number are still multi-part, and that's officially supported anyway):

\\server\movies\The Right Stuff (1983)\The Right Stuff (1983) - Disc 1.mp4

\\server\movies\The Right Stuff (1983)\The Right Stuff (1983) - Disc 2.mp4

I also have "folder.jpg" in the movie folder, as I have for going on a decade. All of my metadata is stored locally.

After upgrading to 4.7.8.0 yesterday, I noticed a number of movies that were using a screen grab instead of my poster (folder.jpg). Looking into the folders of the affected movies, they are all multi-part movies, and Emby had added a screen grab "poster" for the first part of each movie:

\\server\movies\The Right Stuff (1983)\The Right Stuff (1983) - Disc 1-poster.jpg

No big deal, I thought. I'll just delete those new screen grab "poster" files, and Emby will find my "folder.jpg" posters again. But... no. After deleting the screen grab files and rescanning the database, I now get no posters at all for those affected titles. Every other (one-part) movie works normally - my "folder.jpg" is recognized and displayed properly.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi, yes it's an issue related to multi-part movies. You can follow the original issue report here:

Thanks.