Stutter when playback over local network

erhnam
Go to solution Solved by erhnam,

Running server on unraid streaming to a Windows pc. When filesize becomes bigger the problem seem to increase. If I run the same file on VLC it works perfectly.

Was thinking I could increase buffer but can't find that. Then I thought maybe the hardware on the server can't transcode. It's a Ryzen 3600 with a older Nvidia card. Found some threads about streaming the media without transcoding but I can't find the feature since the pictures seems to be from earlier versions. Would like to run the internal player in Emby. How can I solve this?

What is your native language? Can you please provide an example and attach the emby server log? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Swedish

Attached is the file I think is what you asked for.

I have done some more testing indicating that the server isnt the problem. Tested to stream to a different device on the same network and it works fine.

Running the same file to the mediapc results in stutter. Worse on the win app than the browser but both stutters. Same file on the mediapc works fine in vlc.

Could it be that the hardware is bordering to insufficient maybe?

embyserver.txt

• 4 weeks later...

With the lack of support here i started changing the settings in the windows app on the client computer. Tried changing the local stream quality all the way down to 720 resolution but stuttering continued.

Tried no decoding to let the receiving computer to do the encoding. Still stutters. Tried all the options under decoding with no good result.

Tried all the options under video encoder and found that "gpu-next" seems to solve the problem but the playback seems to have a low framrate in general compared to VLC. I'm running this setting with "no decoding" set in the other setting. Could someone help me with the next step? I don't know what the settings i have changed actually do. The client pc uses a igpu and not a discrete if that helps.

This with the video renderer set to gpu-next. Stutters only appears every 10-15 sec. Added taskmanager i both pics to show cpu and igpu load.

emby gpu-next.jpg

generiq

You aren't using hardware acceleration. Keep using gpu-next, but set hardware acceleration to auto. The jittering you're seeing is the player dropping frames because the processor can't keep up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Even with hardware acceleration the problems continued.

Suspecting hardware limitations with the Ryzen CPU with built in GPU I got a 1050ti and problem was solved.

Generiq, thanks for you help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1