Revert to stable from beta

kaj

@cayars @FrostByte Is it possible/easy to revert to stable from beta .12? Now I'm based remotely from my server I would prefer to not be testing features and the .12 beta seems really bad, causing me a lot of problems.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes you can.  What you do is uninstall the current version first which won't delete your settings or data.

Then you can install the version you want to install.  I just did this myself going from the latest .12 release to 4.8.0.10 beta release.
I would suggest turning off "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates" on the settings menu.

Carlo

• Thanks 1

Tsch3ns
On 10/17/2022 at 2:37 PM, kaj said:

@cayars @FrostByte Is it possible/easy to revert to stable from beta .12? Now I'm based remotely from my server I would prefer to not be testing features and the .12 beta seems really bad, causing me a lot of problems.

Thanks for any advice.

May I ask which problems you had? I recently considered to install the beta, but your posting made me feel unsure…

13 minutes ago, Tsch3ns said:

May I ask which problems you had? I recently considered to install the beta, but your posting made me feel unsure…

It seems that beta .12 had a lot of problems with anything that needed transcoding and Synology. As I'm now remote I have been considering reverting back to stable but, like many on the beta, it's hard to leave :D

Now that beta .13 is out things seem to be much better. The vast majority of the betas have been very stable but occasionally one throws up problems that can take a few days to sort out. On balance I've been happy on the betas and will remain using them. My server is used mainly by me and close family.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Tsch3ns

I have currently installed the beta 4.8.0.19 on my Synology NAS. If I do NOT update the current beta to the following versions, will the stable version ever catch up so that I can install it over the existing beta without needing to uninstall it which might hold the potential risk to somehow ruin or lose the database? If yes, how long will I have to wait (approximately)?

Edited by Tsch3ns

30 minutes ago, Tsch3ns said:

I have currently installed the beta 4.8.0.19 on my Synology NAS. If I do NOT update the current beta to the following versions, will the stable version ever catch up so that I can install it over the existing beta without needing to uninstall it which might hold the potential risk to somehow ruin or lose the database? If yes, how long will I have to wait (approximately)?

Hi, yes it will catch up, but you can still keep updating between now and then.

• Agree 1