Support SBS/TAB 3D in OSD

crusher11

crusher11

Currently, I can play an SBS- or TAB-encoded 3D movie on my NVIDIA Shield Pro, put my TV into SBS or TAB 3D mode as applicable, and it works great...for watching the movie.

The OSD, however, has no idea I'm watching a 3D movie in 3D mode, so the OSD appears distorted and only half of it goes to each eye.

When playing a file that's correctly marked as either SBS or TAB 3D, the OSD should adjust itself to match. Then when I put my TV in 3D mode, it would all look correct.

• 8 months later...
Skorrael
On 10/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, crusher11 said:

Currently, I can play an SBS- or TAB-encoded 3D movie on my NVIDIA Shield Pro, put my TV into SBS or TAB 3D mode as applicable, and it works great...for watching the movie.

The OSD, however, has no idea I'm watching a 3D movie in 3D mode, so the OSD appears distorted and only half of it goes to each eye.

When playing a file that's correctly marked as either SBS or TAB 3D, the OSD should adjust itself to match. Then when I put my TV in 3D mode, it would all look correct.

Hello Crusher11,
How do you do to play SBS or TAB 3D movies with your Shield ?
I purchased a Shield TV Pro and I'm not able to play any 3D movies, I have 2 pictures SBS or TAB but not superposed on my projector.
How do you activate the 3D mode from the Shield? Because my projector have no 3D mode, he's adjusting automatically, I cannot force any 3D mode on it.

Thanks for your help 😉

jaycedk

I think you tv or projector need to support it to.

Edited by jaycedk