Subtitles for all movies and series

ASW

I have a lot of movies stored on my server.  Is there a way to automatically download subtitles?  Manually DL for each seems to be a pain.

49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you explored the subtitle download features in emby library setup?

I have not, did not know it was there.  Is this what you're referring to:

image.png.c10cadd1a88af769d80255051a3c665e.png

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes exactly.

Ok, well I hit the DL subtitle button after I made the metadata change, it's still updating now (at 60%).  Where are all of these files being DL to so I can manually check if these subtitles are indeed getting where they need to be?  What is the file extension?

15 minutes ago, ASW said:

Ok, well I hit the DL subtitle button after I made the metadata change, it's still updating now (at 60%).  Where are all of these files being DL to so I can manually check if these subtitles are indeed getting where they need to be?  What is the file extension?

Depends on whether you enabled saving subtitles to media folders. if you didn't then they'll be in the server's internal metadata folder. The format is usually srt.

ok, thanks.  right now, it's still searching.  After the "search" does it DL the files then?  As of right now, there are no *.srt files in the metadata folder (as I do not have that boxed checked to save into the media folders.

Yes but you've checked the hash match option which will greatly reduce the number of downloads that you're going to get. You might want to experiment first using the manual subtitle download features in the UI on a few videos before jumping straight to automation.

Ok, I've gotten to auto DL a lot of the sub's.

But, I cannot for the life of me get them to work on my Sony 4K TV.  It's got android on it, EMBY app  - also can't get to work on my Amazon Firesticks.  the SRT file is chosen, selected, and looks like it should be working.......

Computers work fine with sub's.

25 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

You may need to mux them into the container file of the original video with mkvtoolnix.  

yep, that worked.  thanks.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:48 AM, ASW said:

Ok, I've gotten to auto DL a lot of the sub's.

But, I cannot for the life of me get them to work on my Sony 4K TV.  It's got android on it, EMBY app  - also can't get to work on my Amazon Firesticks.  the SRT file is chosen, selected, and looks like it should be working.......

Computers work fine with sub's.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!