Using Emby (music) with a wireless speaker

oceanclub
Go to solution Solved by oceanclub,

oceanclub

I recently got a wireless speaker the Audio Pro C5 (https://www.audiopro.com/en/product/addon-c5/#black). This has the ability to be connected to your network (either wireless or Ethernet) and stream music from a DLNA network share.

However I've tried this with both the Audio Pro official Android app and with the MediaMonkey Pro Android app and it's a fairly unfriendly experience. Each time, you have to drill down into the GUI from the network to your PC to the music folder, etc, etc, and when you get to the list of music it takes about a minute to update. And you can't cue up music either.

So I noticed that the speaker is visible to Emby on my PC and on my phone (see screenshot). However I select it and press Play for music nothing happens. I imagine this is based on how Emby has its own view of the music library which is not accessible by the speaker as a DLNA share.

However I would love if Emby could add this functionality - is it possible and are there any plans to?

(Oh and I know I _could_ use Bluetooth for all this but obviously would prefer over wifi/ethernet for quality purposes.)

speaker.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
oceanclub
On 25/10/2022 at 20:52, Luke said:

That's strange. Does your server dashboard display a local lan address?

Do you know where I would see that?  I see a "Remote (WAN) access:" value?

1 hour ago, oceanclub said:

Do you know where I would see that?  I see a "Remote (WAN) access:" value?

Is there a LAN address value right above that?

oceanclub
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is there a LAN address value right above that?

No; see attached for what I see, unless this value is elsewhere.

emby.png

oceanclub
25 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, that's the reason for the problem. Is there anything odd about your local network setup?

Not that I know of but can you point me at any advice/troubleshooters/etc?

To be more concise; how do I get Emby to display my LAN address?

Edited by oceanclub

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, oceanclub said:

Not that I know of but can you point me at any advice/troubleshooters/etc?

To be more concise; how do I get Emby to display my LAN address?

@oceanclub can you please attach an emby server log from starting up the server? Hopefully that will tell us what local LAN ip addresses were detected. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution
oceanclub

Well, I managed to fix this! I was actually looking into why my computer was slow in shutting down, and at the point running a report found that the following services were not running (and giving an error when started):

* Peer Name Resolution Protocol
* Peer Networking Grouping

The following solutions fixed this:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/windows_could_not_the_start_peer_networking_grouping_service_on_local_computer.html
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-could-not-start-the-peer-name-resolution/c50b8931-7c59-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

In summary:

1. In C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA, rename the folder MachineKeys to MachineKeys.old, then create a new folder MachineKeys, then right-click, Properties > Security, select Everyone, set to Full Control.
2. In C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking, rename idstore.sst to idstore.sst.OLD, then reboot.

I figured this had something to do with my networking issues, so tried Emby after this, and now I can play music to my wifi speaker (Audio Pro C5A).

Now I would just love it if I could play to multiple speakers simultaneously!

P.

Edited by oceanclub
  • Thanks 1