Persistent Xbox Crash after recent Update

lolwut

Hi Luke,

After recent update, I started encountering a crash on Xbox version.

No other emby client in my house has a crash as of now.

I have Xbox One X.

Issue:

Emby crashes immediately on Xbox after splash screen, and goes back to xbox main menu.

This crash happens all the time.

Restarting does not fix.

Uninstall and install app again fixes temporarly.

After closing and reopening xbox, issue repeats.

Is there a way to get a log out of xbox version?

Best

MBSki
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

No, I just upgraded to .456 and am playing Band of Brothers on my XB1X right now.

Do you have the Xbox set to automatically update apps? And do you have quick start enabled. I have the same problem, so there are 3 of us that are having the same problem.

FrostByte

My console is on auto update running 10.0.22621.2481.  I believe quickstart is turned off, haven't used that in a long time.

I dont know exact names for the features but, my xbox resumes from hybernation/power off quickly, resumes the latest game instantly and for apps does not matter if it is latest or not, it resumes all apps instantly.

So culprit is that maybe?

Edited by lolwut

Queen_D_Plague

I'm also experiencing this issue on Xbox Series X. The app will work for several days then I can't open the app. It tries, I get the Emby splash screen, then I get sent back to home. The only way to get it working again is to reinstall the app.

I do use quick start. I'll include a video if it happens again.

• Like 1

MBSki
On 10/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, FrostByte said:

My console is on auto update running 10.0.22621.2481.  I believe quickstart is turned off, haven't used that in a long time.

Ok, this looks to have something to do with the console Power Sleep setting. If sleep is enabled rather than Shutdown it appears to be causing problems. 

I believe this setting changed. I don't remember it being called sleep so maybe it broke in the most recent Xbox OS update.

• Like 1