Live TV takes about a minute to play a channel

thijsemby

thijsemby

I recently switched from Mediaportal to the DVBviewer plugin, as MP caused some issues with scrambled channels, and DVBViewer works well with Digital Devices card. 

However on some devices it takes a long time to play a live TV channel, and I've noticed that the log is showing lots of errors. Would someone be able to have a look and advise on what's causing this?

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
thijsemby

The issue only occurs on my LG TV.
If I open a browser it’s quicker, also on iOS devices.

Though on my iPhone I have no sound.

• 2 weeks later...
thijsemby

Hi Luke, thanks a lot for this feedback. So nothing that's wrong at my end? And, not to sound impatient, but roughly what timeframe would you be looking at? Thanks!

48 minutes ago, thijsemby said:

Hi Luke, thanks a lot for this feedback. So nothing that's wrong at my end? And, not to sound impatient, but roughly what timeframe would you be looking at? Thanks!

Can you please provide a new log example, making sure to accompany the ffmpeg log with it? Thanks.

thijsemby
thijsemby
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

You can just install over the top.

Hmm I downloaded embyserver-win-x64-4.8.0.19.7z but when I extract it, it's not an installer that would overwrite my existing install? Sorry for the novice question, but how do I install over the top? 

6 hours ago, thijsemby said:

Hmm I downloaded embyserver-win-x64-4.8.0.19.7z but when I extract it, it's not an installer that would overwrite my existing install? Sorry for the novice question, but how do I install over the top? 

The beta installer is on our website:

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, thijsemby said:

You would replace/rename the current system folder with the one in the zip or run the installer Luke like and it will rename system folder to system.old and apply the new system folder.

C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

• Like 1

thijsemby