Android Mobile weirdly showing where file is downloaded from?

Brendon

Brendon

This is not showing on any other platform other than Android Mobile and for the life of me i cannot work out how. Have gone through all the metadata with MKV Toolnix and can find nothing that would do this and weirdly enough it does not show when using any of the NVidia Shields or the desktop web UI, it also does not show if playing the file outside of Emby, i am at a loss, can anyone explain? This is happening on 4K files ONLY, it also stays there for the whole movie.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4ce200b547b2d31445ad86c746dfc11.jpeg 

Happy2Play

@Brendon Not an Android user but see header data like this all the time in lots of players with mkv files with Title info.

Look at the output tab in mkvtoolnix multiplexer or header editor segment info-title

Made example and played in vlc

image.thumb.png.8a06e98a9fae30d3b42966390446e2cc.png

or media player

image.png.b108f79b7f7d9b5f67e2811804a2c685.png

Brendon

@Happy2Play I did check there mate, it's just showing the regular filename, the same as thousands of other movies on my server, have attached .txt from MediaINFO as well and there is nothing in there that should allow for that to show as it does and why only android mobile? It's so bizarre mate, also i just tested a couple of others from the same release group and they do it as well i just had not noticed it before as i don't usually watch 4K movies on my phone, i was just testing a few things this morning to notice it.

Whatever they are doing to get this to show is for sure not obvious and the fact it's only on the android mobile app and not the android tv app is just doing my head in to work out how and why lol

Gunpowder Milkshake.txt

Happy2Play

@Brendon Not sure then as in theory it should present this "Movie name : Gunpowder.Milkshake.2021.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-RARBG".  But yes it is odd only one player is seeing/providing this info.

Edited by Happy2Play

Brendon

@Happy2Play Yeah it's got me lost mate... just to clarify i have now tested with Android TV on the current and previous version of NVidia Shield, the XBox app on Series X, the Emby desktop UI, and it shows on none of those. It shows only on the Android Mobile app, tested on both a Galaxy S21 Ultra and a Galaxy TAB both have it showing. I have also tested other 'rarbg' 1080 MP4 files and they do not show the text, only the new 4K files they are now doing are making it appear.

EDIT: I also tested with the native player in Windows 11 and VLC, neither show the text.

EDIT 2: Tested on my son's iPhone using the apple app it does not appear there either.

Edited by Brendon

Just a guess for Gunpowder Milkshake, but it looks like they are using a custom writing library to create the file "x265 3.5+rarbg-HDR-38-20255e6:[Linux]" if you look at some of the other versions, they do not include the 3.5+rarbg just one of the more common x265 builds for linux or windows.

They might be doing something with HDR metadata.

Edited by nuke11

Brendon

@nuke11 do you know of any way of checking and removing if it does exist there mate? as i said earlier MKV Toolnix is showing nothing.

I found a copy of their latest releases (10/17/22) that are using their custom encoder, I have displayed the movie with the latest Android Mobile app on a Shield Pro 2019 and I cannot get it to display what you are showing.

So, it does not seem to be my guess of the encoder is wrong.