External player on Emby Theater from flatpak

DreadMore

DreadMore

Is there a working, tested way to set up an external player (such as VLC, mplayer) that was installed from flatpak?
I'm asking specifically for SteamDeck, but I guess this happened on other Linux distributions as well.
Problem is, no matter what I put into player path, even if I leave the Arguments empty (or put something in, one argument per line) I get always the same results when starting a new movie entry:

Error launching process: Type error: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined

Why do I need external players? Because some releases I watch unfortunately have their subtitles so broken included into their .mkv files you have to run it in VLC to make sure they show.

• 8 months later...
DreadMore

Does anyone maybe know if you can add a separate source to VLC (was it called Portalling?) to flatpak and how would it look to add a path to VLC?

DreadMore

Sorry to post like this, just want to make sure that whoever is trying to solve issue with subtitles not showing: you need to set Playback options Internet and Home quality high enough so that your movies/series don't get transcoded and it should work after that.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:40 AM, DreadMore said:

Is there a working, tested way to set up an external player (such as VLC, mplayer) that was installed from flatpak?
I'm asking specifically for SteamDeck, but I guess this happened on other Linux distributions as well.
Problem is, no matter what I put into player path, even if I leave the Arguments empty (or put something in, one argument per line) I get always the same results when starting a new movie entry:

Error launching process: Type error: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined

Why do I need external players? Because some releases I watch unfortunately have their subtitles so broken included into their .mkv files you have to run it in VLC to make sure they show.

Hi, usually this means the player was unable to launch, or launched but immediately exited with an error.

tin777
On 2023/6/28 at AM12点16分, Luke said:

您好,通常这意味着播放器无法启动,或者启动后立即错误退出。

I also configured the media path and parameters of vlc several times on Emby Theater, but I can't call vlc as an external player

20 hours ago, tin777 said:

I also configured the media path and parameters of vlc several times on Emby Theater, but I can't call vlc as an external player

HI, what exactly did you configure?