Emby server on Synology 4.6.7.0 update to 4.7.8.0

AUBERT

Hello

I installed emby server with the "paquet" available on Synology : on my DS218+ with DSM7 and all is ok

And when I starts emby server, I can read that there is a new update 4.7.8

But the "centre de paquet" on my Synology does not propose this update

How can I do ?

Thanks

PS: sorry for my English, I'm French

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

We've already submitted it to them, so it's just a matter of it getting through the Synology review process.

On 12/08/2022 at 19:56, Luke said:

Usually 2-3 weeks. We submitted 4.7.6 at the beginning of this week. Our Synology contact is now a new person, so that may or may not have an impact on response time.

On 13/10/2022 at 06:23, Luke said:

We've already submitted it to them, so it's just a matter of it getting through the Synology review process.

Hi Luke,

I've been monitoring the progress of the Synology package review, and by my calculations its been over 9 weeks now since you submitted it for review and they haven't published it 😟

Honestly, I don't know their review process, but do you get any feedback on how it is progressing?

A 2-3 month review process seems unworkable as a system. Do they have a Gold/Silver/Bronze approach to the review process: pay the price and get reviewed quicker?

I am not angry or anything, just genuinely curious, and know that any delay is due to Synology's process ... unless someone forgot to click the final "Submit" button 😆

No they found a problem with nas's running the comcerto2k architecture and unfortunately that failed the entire submission.

So we resolved that and resubmitted nearly two weeks ago but keep in mind Synology updates are only once a month anyway.

• Thanks 1

hifiaudio2

Thanks Luke.  I kept thinking that there was something wrong with my install, since it never could update through the package store.  I have of course manually installed a few times, so that has been OK anyway.  Emby is working great though!  (Synology 1819+, Nvidia Shields).

Thanks!

Yea the wait is going to be a little longer because Synology has told me they are skipping November updates due to their own internal projects, and so that means the next chance to publish an app update will be December. It is a shame that they only publish app updates monthly because if they fail an entire submission over some small issue then you end up having to wait another month until the next round.

• 1 month later...