Stuck on 1.2.6 - Store shows latest version is 1.2.6

ryderjj89

ryderjj89

I recently set up the "Skip Intro" feature for my server. To my surprise, my TVs do not have the feature. I have it on web and mobile just fine. I went to then check my version vs what has been posted on here and see that the Samsung Tizen app is up to 1.4.2. However, my TV is reporting 1.2.6. I checked in the App Store by going to the app from my list of installed apps and then View Details. The store listing is telling me "Latest Version: 1.2.6(1.2.6 Installed)".

I don't know if this is an issue with my TV, the app store, or the app not properly submitted to all the stores.

In case it's needed, my TV model is UN55RU7100FXZA.

Hi, yes that is the latest version in the store. We'll be submitting a new update to Samsung any day now and then we just have to wait through their approval process. Thanks.

• Like 1

ryderjj89
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes that is the latest version in the store. We'll be submitting a new update to Samsung any day now and then we just have to wait through their approval process. Thanks.

Ohhh well that would explain it. When I saw that the latest was from 4/25/2022 and that the pinned post shows 1.4.2, I thought something was up that was preventing mine from updating. Good to know. It took hours for that initial Skip Intro task to run and I was so excited to try it just to see it not there lol. I will keep an eye out for the update. Thanks for the quick response, Luke.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

The release in the pinned post is the latest beta which will always be ahead of the store.  More so lately as Luke has made several releases recently.  You can always load it using usb if you wish, or just wait if you have access to releases in the store.

• Like 1

ryderjj89

If they are stable versions, I can certainly try that. I try and stay away from beta versions for this stuff. Im assuming there's a guide somewhere that explains how to do that? I'm pretty savvy but I've never had to sideload an app to my TVs.

Happy2Play

Only issue with USB sideloads apps is the expiration date.  

Samsung's policy is that the only official way to distribute apps is through the Samsung store and that usb installs should be used for testing purposes only.  Because of this policy Samsung has mandated that usb distributed apps must expire within 30 days of compiling.  To help with testing you will be remined to update to the latest beta release as the app expires to ensure you are using the latest version when reporting issues.

• Like 2

ryderjj89
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Only issue with USB sideloads apps is the expiration date.  

Samsung's policy is that the only official way to distribute apps is through the Samsung store and that usb installs should be used for testing purposes only.  Because of this policy Samsung has mandated that usb distributed apps must expire within 30 days of compiling.  To help with testing you will be remined to update to the latest beta release as the app expires to ensure you are using the latest version when reporting issues.

Ohh in that case, I'll wait. That's a silly policy. Now that I at least know an official update is coming, that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

rooser11

would you guys indicate which version has been submitted to samsung store in the changelog or something so that people can keep track of this without constantly checking for an update on the store?

14 hours ago, rooser11 said:

would you guys indicate which version has been submitted to samsung store in the changelog or something so that people can keep track of this without constantly checking for an update on the store?

Probably a good idea but Samsung reviews and approves for different models at different speeds, so usually there are multiple active versions in the store at any given time.

You can also follow our blog. Anytime there's a store update we'll announce it there.

FrostByte

I've added an entry in the release notes for store versions if that helps.  I can also reply to the thread in case someone is following the thread.

As Luke mentioned, it may not be accurate for your model if still being evaluated, but you'll have some idea it's coming.  As long as Samsung is still supporting your model.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
ryderjj89

Hey guys.

Been a little while since I started this topic about getting a new stable version on the store. I see it hasn't been updated yet and so still missing some useful new features. Is there any way to expedite this process through Samsung? I know Luke said a new version would be submitted any day back in mid-October so just curious what might be holding it back.

4 hours ago, ryderjj89 said:

Hey guys.

Been a little while since I started this topic about getting a new stable version on the store. I see it hasn't been updated yet and so still missing some useful new features. Is there any way to expedite this process through Samsung? I know Luke said a new version would be submitted any day back in mid-October so just curious what might be holding it back.

Hi, we've had a submission sitting in Samsung review for nearly seven weeks now. We've tried to bug them about it but all we can do is wait I'm afraid. As a user, if you want to voice your feedback to them on their slow review process, then you never know, that might help. It has at times on other platforms.

ryderjj89
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, we've had a submission sitting in Samsung review for nearly seven weeks now. We've tried to bug them about it but all we can do is wait I'm afraid. As a user, if you want to voice your feedback to them on their slow review process, then you never know, that might help. It has at times on other platforms.

Good idea. I think I'll do just that. If they're gonna have ridiculous sideloading policies, they need to work faster on approving app updates.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
paulh56

Is there any update to the Samsung submission review seeing as it's now been over 8 months yet my 3 samsung TV's are still only showing v1.2.6 as the latest available version on the store. I'd really like to use the skip intro feature on my TVs. Many thanks!

On 6/28/2023 at 12:19 PM, paulh56 said:

Is there any update to the Samsung submission review seeing as it's now been over 8 months yet my 3 samsung TV's are still only showing v1.2.6 as the latest available version on the store. I'd really like to use the skip intro feature on my TVs. Many thanks!

All models except 2018-2019 models are on 1.4.8 now. We need to resubmit for 2019 as Samsung rejected the update for it, but if you're on 2018 or older then unfortunately they no longer accept app updates for those model years. The only way to update in that case would be our usb installs.

ryderjj89

I am in the US and apparently don't have to worry about the 30 day expiration from what I read from others. At least I haven't seen any notice for it yet. I'll just keep my USBs up to date so I have the latest app versions. Just glad to have the skip intro option on the TVs now lol.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, ryderjj89 said:

I am in the US and apparently don't have to worry about the 30 day expiration from what I read from others. At least I haven't seen any notice for it yet. I'll just keep my USBs up to date so I have the latest app versions. Just glad to have the skip intro option on the TVs now lol.

True, until your TV becomes 5 years old.  Once that happens you will have to stick with the last version Samsung accepted or play the 30 day install game to stay current like those who live in countries where Emby isn't in the app store.

• Like 1