Stop chromecast playback

amb13

Hi

So I'm trying to stop playback based on certain criteria using the API. This works great for every client except when I'm using chromecast. Sending the stop command to the chromecast session id which is playing the item does nothing. I have to send the stop command to the session that started the cast. The problem arises when I try to use the API to find the session that started the casting. As far as I can tell there is no information in the API which tells me which session is casting. My solution so far has been to send the stop command to all sessions for that userid for the chromecast session. This works good enough, but if two people are watching something on one user both playbacks stops, which is not ideal.

Is there a trick in the API to find the session that is casting? Or another way to do this? Or is that something that you can add to the API?

Hi, you can't because chromecast is managed by the casting device, not the server. There is no way for the server to send commands to a chromecast receiver at this time.

8 hours ago, amb13 said:

I thought so.

So the question then becomes, is there any way to identify the casting device from the API?

Unfortunately no, although that's not a bad idea to add.