No Trial and Required to Pay?

sgtcoder

sgtcoder

I am not sure why I have to pay for something without being able to try it out first? It seems a bit buggy and I am thinking of going back to Plex with all the issues I am having.

Also, Emby Connect is required to use just like Plex Connect. Something seems fishy here 

Hi, what did you find buggy? Emby Connect is purely optional. You can always skip it and enter your server address manually. What gave you the impression that it's required?

sgtcoder

It's required on the Android TV and wont let me get past it. I tried manual and that doesn't work. Works fine on my Samsung Tablet and Samsung Phone.

All it does it throw errors on the Android TV.

Hi.  Connect is not required in the app.  If you describe exactly what problem you had with a manual connection, perhaps we can help with that.

Also, as it shows right there in that message, you actually are in trial.  Playback is not being denied it is failing - perhaps for the same reason your manual connection did not work.  If you are using SSL, try enabling the option in the playback settings to allow untrusted certificate playback.

sgtcoder
22 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Connect is not required in the app.  If you describe exactly what problem you had with a manual connection, perhaps we can help with that.

Also, as it shows right there in that message, you actually are in trial.  Playback is not being denied it is failing - perhaps for the same reason your manual connection did not work.  If you are using SSL, try enabling the option in the playback settings to allow untrusted certificate playback.

Everything worked after I purchased a license. Something is up with the Android TV App if you don't pay for subscription. It keeps flashing Unlock Premium multiple times constantly until it crashes. At that time, I had no issues with the mobile app.

Again, everything is working now after purchasing a license.