Create custom tv series in emby

psycoticinsane

psycoticinsane

Is there any way to get emby to find/acknowledge a custom tv series that is not a real tv series? 

For example im trying to add all the walking dead webisodes into their own listing in emby, i have created a folder titled The Walking Dead Webisodes, and inside that folder have all the webisode series joined together for each one respectively (ie all torn apart episodes joined into one total episode) leaving me with 8 total episodes. They have been named "The Walking Dead Webisodes - S01E01 - Torn Apart" etc for all 8 episodes (each episode has their own name) . But when i scan for new files nothing shows up not even a blank show tile with just the folder name. I know ill have to add all the metadata and images myself , which i already have but i just cant get it to populate inside emby server.  I was half tempted to name the folder something else that i dont have and wont ever add (ie talking dead), and then customize the metadata and images myself and then lock it so nothing changes, though id rather just be able to get the custom series to popualte naturally, as in the series tile and then the episodes with their names. 

Everytime i try it adds the first two episodes to season one of the walking dead, as there are only 6 episodes in that season, and it populates episodes 7 and 8 from my webisode folder and adds them to season one and completely leaves out eps 1-6. I know i can rename them as s00 and add them as specials in the walking dead but i would much prefer their own listing.

Hello psycoticinsane,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

psycoticinsane

I really cant just delete this?? Lol mods please remove for me, i have rectified my issue.

All i needed to do was give it its own custom release year and it populated near instantly

• Thanks 2